Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I heard it through the grapevine

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM
  • 20 Replies
Are you a gossipier?

Is there some things you just can't keep to yourself?

I like to be told gossip. Love to have someone dish to me about someone else. But I love just having the information. I never ever repeat it. DH laughs at me and says I just love having secrets.
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terri-553
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Nope don;t chat about other people,Stay to myself but sometimes my d-i-laws have all kinds of stories to tell me

EireLass
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I gossip with my husband, but beyond that, not really. 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Its  something I  try not to do, at least I hope not. I try not to "carry tales" as my Mom used to say. lol  But I think its natural to talk about other people but hopefully not in a mean and malicious manner. Where I live now I don't really know my neighbors that well, even after 14 years so have no one to "gossip" with. 

And I never "gossiped" about one friend to another friend becuse I wanted to keep them as friends.If someone tells me a secret it stays a secret.

jjames0991
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My DH hates hearing my gossip.   And since I don't like to repeat things someone tells me, I am full of information.  lol

Quoting EireLass:

I gossip with my husband, but beyond that, not really. 

jjames0991
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I learned in high school not to talk to one friend about another one.  Because if they are talking about them to you, they are talking about you to them!

I quickly got a reputation and it sticks today, if I don't like what a friend is doing, I tell them.  

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Its  something I  try not to do, at least I hope not. I try not to "carry tales" as my Mom used to say. lol  But I think its natural to talk about other people but hopefully not in a mean and malicious manner. Where I live now I don't really know my neighbors that well, even after 14 years so have no one to "gossip" with. 

And I never "gossiped" about one friend to another friend becuse I wanted to keep them as friends.If someone tells me a secret it stays a secret.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:43 AM

like to heart gossip but never epeat it to anyone but DH

KittyGram
by Becky on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I'm sure I gossip every now and then, but if someone tells me something and indicates that it's in confidence, I won't repeat it.  

KittyGram
by Becky on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:01 PM

My boss is a gossiper/complainer.  Don't get me wrong, I really like him as a boss - and he's a very nice guy - but he will sit in my office and gossip/complain about his neighbors mostly.  But every now and then he brings up one co-worker or another, and just as you say, if he's talking to me about them, then I know he's talking to them about me!  I don't gossip/complain in return, I just nod and say, Uh huh, and let him continue on!!!  I'm not going to tell him something that could get back to them as well.  Unless of course it will negatively affect someoone on the job or the company we work for, then I will say something to him.

Quoting jjames0991:

I learned in high school not to talk to one friend about another one.  Because if they are talking about them to you, they are talking about you to them!

I quickly got a reputation and it sticks today, if I don't like what a friend is doing, I tell them.  

Quoting kuntrylady56:

jjames0991
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

DH's boss is like that.  Military, which surprises me.  His commander will stay in his office gossiping and take up hours at a time.  Oh and then wonder why DH's work isn't done.  LOL

Quoting KittyGram:

My boss is a gossiper/complainer.  Don't get me wrong, I really like him as a boss - and he's a very nice guy - but he will sit in my office and gossip/complain about his neighbors mostly.  But every now and then he brings up one co-worker or another, and just as you say, if he's talking to me about them, then I know he's talking to them about me!  I don't gossip/complain in return, I just nod and say, Uh huh, and let him continue on!!!  I'm not going to tell him something that could get back to them as well.  Unless of course it will negatively affect someoone on the job or the company we work for, then I will say something to him.

Quoting jjames0991:

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Shari55
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Nope.... I use to be though and as I got older, and changed my social circle of friends I just said forget. Gossip doesn't help in many situations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN