Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What's Your Latest Project?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:42 AM
  • 14 Replies

Are you crafting anything?
Baking anything?
Working on some other project like a garden or restoring a car?

Share with us your most current project, whatever it may be!

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I really have no current projects.  I really do need to vacuum again but it will have to wait.  for what I'm not sure, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  ha!  :o)

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Vacuuming IS a project...haha

I live in a townhouse temporarily and I don't have my big vacuum with attachments so I bought a handvac for now. Talk about taking all day to vacuum up after a 9 year old.  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

I really have no current projects.  I really do need to vacuum again but it will have to wait.  for what I'm not sure, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  ha!  :o)

EireLass
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM

All this nice weather, I haven't sat at my sewing machine....which is really just a new 'hobby' for me. 

I bake a few times/week. I use a new recipe every time. Even though it's "junk food"....I still feel like it's healthier and cheaper than just buying. And I have fun doing it. 

Hubby is creating a new front and back walkway. Had to rip up the front one....pretty decayed. We live in a very natural setting in the woods, so he's keeping with that look. Lots of stone.

I have my veggie garden....I've only taken romaine lettuce from it so far, everything is growing great though. I planted 75 strawberry plants in a new garden. They are doing awesome, and will have fruit next season. 

One of my hens hatched chicks....which I made a post about. And constantly checking my meat chicks, they eat and drink so much. 

And agility training of 2 dogs. 

Yup....I'm busy. 

EireLass
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I just looked at my floor today and thought "It looks dirtier than the garage floor"!!!!!! Gross. I guess I'll do that......tomorrow.....motorcycle ride this afternoon. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, you are busy with a lot going on. I think that is great. I loved your chick post too.  :)

You will have to show us pictures of the walkways when they are done. I love things done in keeping with natural settings.

Quoting EireLass:

All this nice weather, I haven't sat at my sewing machine....which is really just a new 'hobby' for me. 

I bake a few times/week. I use a new recipe every time. Even though it's "junk food"....I still feel like it's healthier and cheaper than just buying. And I have fun doing it. 

Hubby is creating a new front and back walkway. Had to rip up the front one....pretty decayed. We live in a very natural setting in the woods, so he's keeping with that look. Lots of stone.

I have my veggie garden....I've only taken romaine lettuce from it so far, everything is growing great though. I planted 75 strawberry plants in a new garden. They are doing awesome, and will have fruit next season. 

One of my hens hatched chicks....which I made a post about. And constantly checking my meat chicks, they eat and drink so much. 

Yup....I'm busy. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:53 PM

did you start your romaine from seed?  If so, indoors first or directly in the garden?   I tried growing romaine "leaves" from a discarded end but both times that failed miserably.  The 2nd time I purchased romaine from our local farmer's market that had been grown hydroponically so there were lots of roots, and they did okay for a while when they were in water, but once I put them in soil, they hated it and died on me.   I'd love to try again next spring but don't have any garden at all, so my plants have to be able to handle being planted in pots. 

Quoting EireLass:

Yup....I'm busy. 

redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:55 PM

My never ending kitchen remodel. Lol. Right now working on the China cabinet that I am turning into storage and wine cabinet.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jul. 20, 2014 at 2:36 PM

I am always working on my garden and outdoor containers all spring and summer.  I have just made a new window treatment for my family room, and am going to make a coordinating throw pillow cover using the same fabrics.  My daughter has a denim skirt that is too short, and I am going to insert a piece of a different denim to lengthen it and give it some visual interest. I also have several pieces of art which need to be matted and framed.

EireLass
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I started everything from seed. I started the lettuce outside from seeds.  

Quoting suzeebloch:

did you start your romaine from seed?  If so, indoors first or directly in the garden?   I tried growing romaine "leaves" from a discarded end but both times that failed miserably.  The 2nd time I purchased romaine from our local farmer's market that had been grown hydroponically so there were lots of roots, and they did okay for a while when they were in water, but once I put them in soil, they hated it and died on me.   I'd love to try again next spring but don't have any garden at all, so my plants have to be able to handle being planted in pots. 

Quoting EireLass:

Yup....I'm busy. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 20, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I am still working on Andrew's blanket,,kind of LOL..I have not gotten very far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN