Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Are your daughters on cafemom?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:17 PM
  • 16 Replies

I think I'm being selfish, but I don't want my daughter-in-law or my sons girlfriend (the mothers of my grandchildren) on cafemom because I feel as if this is my safe haven for venting about some of the things they would do.  But, I think they would both benefit from being here - and my sons girlfriend may already be here.  I don't think I'm going behind their back with what I would post here, I'm pretty open with giving them unwanted advice - I think we have great relationships and fortunately are able to talk about anything.  I just don't want them to think I'm getting everyone involved with our family things.  It's nice for me to be able to talk with others about some issues I may be having or getting some advice before I talk to them about it.  I know I can always post Annonymously, but that takes the fun out of it for me.  I'm here to get to know people, and that can't happen if I'm never "me".

So, if your daughters are on cafemom, how is that working?

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmygirl31
by Angie on Jul. 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is on cafemom.  Her groups are entirely different than mine-she is on her due date group, 20 something moms and babies.  Mine are all much more senior groups.  I dont go on hers to look at her posts and as far as I know she doesnt go onto mine. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine are not mom's and if they were they probably would not be on. Facebook and instagram and twitter are enough for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughters do not have children and neither does my son's GF so I highly doubt it.

diaperstodating
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 21, 2014 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter has no kids so no, she's not on here.  I do enjoy being able to vent here, in "private" - it helps tremendously for me to vent when I have worries.  I don't have a lot of girlfriends to begin with and I know for women, it helps to talk to other women about issues, and I feel "safe" in this group.  I've looked at other groups here and would not care to join them because of all the bashing.  We don't have that for the most part in MWAK.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

No my dd isn't on CM.

CometGirl
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My DD is the one who told me about CM.  I don't think we've ever crossed paths though.

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Two of my daughters are on cafemom.  In fact, one is a member of this group.  We used to be in a lot of the same groups but we aren't so much anymore.

my4kidsrock2
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughters aren't moms yet, and hopefully won't be for a long long time, but I feel the same about my sister in law. I vent about her a lot on here and it just wouldn't be the same if there was a chance she would see it, lol. 

Shari55
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

No they are not and they don't want to be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN