Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Offensive or Harmless Coincidence?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

Absolutely Scandalous Image Found on Ordinary Chocolate Bar (PHOTO)

by Adriana Velez

milky barSo you're in your den watching a bunch of hot men run around in little, tight-fitting shorts (I'm talking about the World Cup of course) when you eagerly unwrap your chocolate bar only to discover -- OMG, BALLS! Literally, on you candy. It would appear that the white chocolate Milkybar has a penis-like shape imprinted on it. And everyone's been oblivious until this week, when London lawyer Robin Jacobs made the discovery and was overcome with strong feelings.

The image is supposed to depict an upside-down horse's head. But that's not what Jacobs sees. He told Metro, "What on earth is a penis doing on a kids’ chocolate bar? There’s no point denying what it looks like. It is obvious –- we can all see it." Want to see what the fuss is all about? Here's a 2012 tweeted image of the scandal man-candy.

Oh my God, he's right. It does look like a penis with balls. This is now my new favorite candy bar. I mean! That's an outrage. I'm duly shocked.

Jacobs was not so horrified by the penis that he couldn't muscle down the chocolate anyway. "I still ate it but I was a little put off. I don’t understand why it is there." However, all his memories of this year's soccer tournament have been overshadowed by this towering incident. "Now the 2014 World Cup will always be remembered as the 'Milky Bar penis,'" Jacobs says. "It’s not a great way to remember it." OR IS IT, MR. JACOBS? I think it all depends on your perspective.

Nestlé apologized for the offending image. In a statement to Huffington Post, they said:

Nestlé is surprised and sorry to hear that Mr. Jacobs thought the picture on the Milkybar resembles male genitalia, it is in fact an image of a horse’s head, the Milkybar Kid’s horse. There was no intention to mislead or depict anything offensive on our product and we apologise for any confusion or embarrassment this may have caused.

Honestly, I don't think Jacobs was all that embarrassed or he wouldn't have brought it up at all.

As for this image appearing on a children's candy bar, I think that's rather harmless -- and that's as a mom of a little boy and as someone who once was a kid. I think people get way too worked up over protecting kids from unintended stuff like this. If kids recognize what it is, they're going to think it's hilarious. They have genitalia of their own, you know.

As for adults, I think the optical illusion, double image, whatever you want to call it makes the bar more fun. You watch -- now that the word is out, these candies are going to go flying off the shelves.

Do you think this image is offensive or just an innocent and harmless coincidence?

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I think it is ridiculous. I think the guy was wanting his 15 minutes of fame for sure. Funny how he ate it anyway...

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

what i think is even more kookie is that in the Hispanic section of my grocery store, they sell BIMBO bread, cookies, etc.  what's up with that?  lol.

Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I think the hype is just insane!!  Why do people have to make things so perverted.  Its a candy bar and honestly my children are not going to look at it and say Hey Mom this has a Penis on it.  This world is getting rediculous with people trying to find the one story that will give them 15 minutes of fame.  The above picture has the top and bottom gone so you dont really know what it was, the person who had that candy bar could have broke it to look like that.  

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:38 PM

I think it is a coincidence, as why would a well known international brand like Nestle make a chocolate bar which would offend so many customers?  If you really want to, you can probably find a genitalia shape in almost anything.  Get over it!

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:41 PM

It looks to me like he had to bite off a piece to get it to look like that.  His mind is in the gutter if he saw it.  I doubt that most people would notice.  I have no objection to the candy.  Kids will pick up a whole lot more than that from each other.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I have a package of Grupo Bimbo cookies in my pantry...haha

Love those things.

Quoting suzeebloch:

what i think is even more kookie is that in the Hispanic section of my grocery store, they sell BIMBO bread, cookies, etc.  what's up with that?  lol.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I think it's just ridiculous.  lol

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 2:51 PM
The things people do to get attention. So ridiculous.
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Yeah, I'm with Lynda on this one...

you can find just about anything in anything. It really depends on where your mind is at the moment. And how many little kids, seriously now, think of penises when they are eating a candy bar? Or even paying any attention enough to the bar other than munching it down?!?

I suppose now it is good for sales. I don't see Nestle getting too upset about that!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think some people have to much time on thier hands, including me lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN