Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How many hours?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:52 PM
  • 35 Replies
How many hours of sleep do you get at night? I try to get 8 hours. I feel well rested then. Sometimes I only get 7 and I'm ok, but it seems like anything less than that I'm dragging by mid day. How about you?
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I am the same.  I need at least 7, and 8 is good if I can get it. 

emmygirl31
by Angie on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:55 AM

I usually get about 5-not by choice-I am an insomniac and dont get to sleep till about 4am and then I am up by 9.  I have tried all kinds of remedies, reading, soothing bath, warm milk, quiet room, radio on, dark room, eat, dont eat, ear plugs and ambien-nothing works, so I just resolved, long ago to live with it.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 22, 2014 at 1:22 AM

I have a hard time sleeping, so I'm not sure how many hours I sleep at night.

MichelleMc
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:08 AM

I try hard to get 8. It makes it rough on me if I don't. I have to sleep with pills every night or I wouldn't sleep. If I get 7, I can deal, less it is really bad. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:18 AM

7 hours of sleep is perfect for me.  I take a combination of melatonin and benadryl (and supplements of potassium, magnesium, vit D, a B complex and MV) between 6 and 6:30 p.m.  By 7 or 7:30 I am sufficiently drowsy and crawl in bed with my Kindle and read until I'm too drowsy to do so any longer - and that's usually by 8 or 8:30 pm.  I wear a blindfold because it is still daylight outdoors at this time.  My alarms start going off at 2:30 in the morning because my goal is to be up by 3:00.   On the weekends, my alarms don't start until 4, with my goal of being up by 6 a.m.  I enjoy hitting that snooze button!!  lol.  But on weekends, sometimes I'll end up with way more than 7 hours of sleep - anything more than 8 hours and it takes me a long time to feel awake!  it's the weirdest thing but I know my body now so I try to stick to 7 hours but no more than 8. :o)

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:32 AM
Anywhere from 3-6 hours a night, usually it is closer to 3. The last week it has been more like 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suesues
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 6:47 AM

6 hr but need 7 no problem falling asleep but wake up by 5 am and cant go back. 

harmony7
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:14 AM

about 6 and I am good to go

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Maime13
by Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Not nearly enough. I'd say 6 is my average. I just can't make myself go to bed before midnight!

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Ideally I would like to get 8 hours a night. Unfortunately I deal with insomnia and end up getting anywhere from 4 to 6 1/2 most of the time. Sometimes I can get 7 hours of sleep but it's always broken. I can fall asleep but can't stay asleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN