Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is SOMETHING that you have been putting off......

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM
  • 29 Replies

Are you naturally a procrastinator? 

What have you been putting off?

I have been putting off  telling my nephew that he cannot come back to live with us.  We had a long talk when he came to visit for 10 days earlier this month.  I will tell him this week to ease both our minds.

sarcasm

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames0991
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I am not a procrastinator normally.  But when I get stressed and have to face unpleasant things, I tend to put my head in the sand and ignore it.  Surprisingly sometimes, it does just go away and take care of itself.  lol

Good luck with your talk.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I'm not normally a procrastinator but I have been putting off going through some boxes and deciding what to keep and what to toss.  I don't know WHY either.  I need to get a grip and just DO IT.  LOL   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought you guys had already decided he can't come back ... or have you been going back and forth on that?  I know it would be a tough decision!  Hope everything falls in line for you and him.  :o)

Quoting Esmrlda:

I have been putting off  telling my nephew that he cannot come back to live with us.  We had a long talk when he came to visit for 10 days earlier this month.  I will tell him this week to ease both our minds.

sarcasm

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM

We did but then he wanted to talk to us when he came for that visit to basically plead his case so we had it on the table again and were on the fence. We do want to help him but at what expense?  We saw during that visit some of the "old" him surface occasionally (even tho he has changed)  and I felt that having him back would be very stressful and make me sick again and this time I might not recover so easily. I did suggest to him to move to the group home in town and we could see him more often.  He didnt seem to like that idea very much.  I think he wants it his way...no middle ground.  So I have to break the news to him.

Quoting suzeebloch:

I thought you guys had already decided he can't come back ... or have you been going back and forth on that?  I know it would be a tough decision!  Hope everything falls in line for you and him.  :o)

Quoting Esmrlda:

sarcasm

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM

if you had made the title of this post What is something that you have NOT been putting off, I could have answered, "Nothing." 

but since your title is What is something that you HAVE been putting off, my answer is "pretty much everything."  LOL.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM

LOL Not putting off isnt as much interesting as have been putting off.

Quoting suzeebloch:

if you had made the title of this post What is something that you have NOT been putting off, I could have answered, "Nothing." 

but since your title is What is something that you HAVE been putting off, my answer is "pretty much everything."  LOL.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Haha yes that technique works pretty good sometimes.  Is there something else your putting off like a chore, shopping, cleaning,  or house project?

Quoting jjames0991:

I am not a procrastinator normally.  But when I get stressed and have to face unpleasant things, I tend to put my head in the sand and ignore it.  Surprisingly sometimes, it does just go away and take care of itself.  lol

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Maybe this weekend?  Or plan on doing one box a weekend so you dont feel overwhelmed.  I need to organize the linen closets and go through linens.

Quoting louannwilkins:

I'm not normally a procrastinator but I have been putting off going through some boxes and deciding what to keep and what to toss.  I don't know WHY either.  I need to get a grip and just DO IT.  LOL   :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:32 PM

The one box at a time is actually a good idea!  Then maybe once I started it I would be more ready to continue!  lol  I'll let you know how it goes  :)

Quoting Esmrlda:

Maybe this weekend?  Or plan on doing one box a weekend so you dont feel overwhelmed.  I need to organize the linen closets and go through linens.

Quoting louannwilkins:

jjames0991
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Nope, not right now.  I do not work, so I have a nice little routine and schedule going.  

Quoting Esmrlda:

Haha yes that technique works pretty good sometimes.  Is there something else your putting off like a chore, shopping, cleaning,  or house project?

Quoting jjames0991:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)