Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spin off post....."what do you miss...."

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

Cindy's post got me thinking about the kids stuff that I miss from when I myself was a kid. My cousin and I used to love to color and one of my favorite coloring books was one called "Gingham Girls" (I think). I must have wound up with about 20 of the things. I woud color all the pages and beg for a new one. I adored the pictures in it. They stopped making them long before my kids were born so my girls never got to enjoy them. If I could get my hands on some, I would color in them even today!

What do you miss doing from when you were a kid?

Support cancer awareness here #mce_temp_url#

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Holly.
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My best friend and I would ride our bikes all over the place. We would also have talent shows or put something together with all the neighborhood kids. I miss doing those things.
LEK19
by Group Admin on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We used to pretend we were in a rock band. We also put on shows for our babysitter. I miss playing jacks! A few years ago I bought a good set and my sister and I played. I showed my kids how but they didn't get into it as much. Now I have to find my set and see if Anna wants to play.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:46 PM

LOL @ rock band..that totaly reminds me of my cousin and I pretending we were in a gang like the pink ladies from grease.

Quoting LEK19:

We used to pretend we were in a rock band. We also put on shows for our babysitter. I miss playing jacks! A few years ago I bought a good set and my sister and I played. I showed my kids how but they didn't get into it as much. Now I have to find my set and see if Anna wants to play.

Support cancer awareness here #mce_temp_url#

rosebud727
by Rose on Jul. 26, 2014 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was really little we moved next door to a little boy who would be my best friend for many years. We had this tarp that we called our magic carpet and would pretend to be flying to mystical places far away. It was so fun when we were little.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:43 AM

I wish they still made those kind of coloring books. They're all so commercialized now.

I loved exploring the avocado groves we lived by and riding bikes. Or, spending all day long in a friends pool and being so worn out from swimming you felt like jello.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:07 AM

I used to get those great big coloring books and the biggest box of crayons. There were 64 of them. I loved coloring in those very big coloring books. Lol. I also got those very big find a word books and do all of those. I'll look for those books and start doing them again.

SpiritedWitch
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Playing Hide-and-Seek in the dark. It was fun and it was where I got my first real make out kiss. 

Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Being able to ride my bike and not fear that a Pit Bull would attack me, or that there is a sexual predator near by.  When I was a kid I didnt even know what a pit bull was or a sexual preditor.

I say the pit bull thing because in my neighborhood there are 3 that got into someones back yard and killed 2 of the owners dogs, one in their house.  Now I am afraid to have my girls ride their bikes on that side of the block for fear those dogs get out and attack my kids.    When I was a kid I didnt even know what a pit bull was or a sexual preditor.

MichelleMc
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Just Playing & no responsibility. I rode my bike non stop, hanging at my friends houses, etc. 

DesignGirl450
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:34 PM

My mother was a wonderful cook and baker.  When we came home from school, there were always good smells in the kitchen, and a pie or a slice sitting cooling on the counter.  When mom made a pie, she made extra dough and made folded pastry "pies" with jam inside for us to have as an after school treat. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)