Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

If You Could Go Back To When Your Kids Were Little,

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

What is something you wish you had done more of, and you wish you could change now?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 25, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I really wish we could go back, and take a lot more pictures and movies of him. We took a lot, but not nearly enough.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

The only thing I can think of is I wish we had taken more family vacations and road trips to differnt places with her to see the country. When we took any type of family vacations it was just around locally,VA and MD.  When she was about five we did come out here to MO in fact to visit with my Stepdaughter who lived here in Springfield at the time and it was just me and her, I drove the 1100 miles here and back all by myself. Then the next year we did actually come back out this way to KS to visit my ex's family,but the only way I got him to do that was I got his sister to pester him to death until he said ok.lol

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I honestly don't know. I worked so hard on raising them.

njt320
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I would do many things different. Catholic school #1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmygirl31
by Angie on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have liked to be a stay at home mom, at least until she was in school.  I had to go back to work when Emma was only 6 weeks old.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:46 AM

Quoting kuntrylady56:

The only thing I can think of is I wish we had taken more family vacations and road trips to differnt places with her to see the country. When we took any type of family vacations it was just around locally,VA and MD.  When she was about five we did come out here to MO in fact to visit with my Stepdaughter who lived here in Springfield at the time and it was just me and her, I drove the 1100 miles here and back all by myself. Then the next year we did actually come back out this way to KS to visit my ex's family,but the only way I got him to do that was I got his sister to pester him to death until he said ok.lol

Road trips are a good idea. We didn't do many of those. It sounds like you did more than we did. It's good that your son had a sister to pester him. I'll bet he enjoyed that vacation, once you got him to go.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:47 AM

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I honestly don't know. I worked so hard on raising them.

My mom had four daughters that she supported too. She also had too work very hard to take care of us.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:50 AM

Quoting njt320: I would do many things different. Catholic school #1

I would do a lot of things differenly too, but I would love to have more pictures of him when he was little. More movies of him too. There are other things I would change too. I would also change a lot of things about myself.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Quoting emmygirl31:

I would have liked to be a stay at home mom, at least until she was in school.  I had to go back to work when Emma was only 6 weeks old.

I thought I would be working until I was in my 60's. When I had my son, I thought I would be going back the same time you did. The doctor left the placenta in me, and I started having problems after that, one thing after another. I had to go on disability. The only good thing about that is that I got to stay at home with my baby. I wish for you, that you got to stay at home with your daughter too.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 8:44 AM

That is a good question! I am not sure. I did wish I had more money to offer them more opportunities throughout their lives. Travel and lessons.

I would have liked to have raised them in a different community.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)