Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Deeds Do Happen

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM
  • 16 Replies
4 moms liked this

I went out to check mail a couple hours ago when it quit raining here. And noticed someone had finished mowing the lawn for me. I had started late this morning, but ya'll know by now about the bad leg thing, so I had to stop. I can only do it a little at a time. I was facing the mailbox, and stared at the front yard, and was like, wait, this looks different, no, I know I was saving this part for later, I started over there and didn't get this far. So I started calling neighbors and one said it was these people she'd seen over here. So I called to say thank you, but just got voice mail and left a message. Funny thing is when I was resting my leg I must have been sort of dozing to, because I thought I heard a mower but thought it was across the street. I will have to remember to do something nice for them. Feeling kind of warm and fuzzy.

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:42 PM

That is so nice!  I have a great neighbor who is always ready to lend a helping hand with what he can do since he is in his late 70s.  I make sure he knows I appreciate it.  It is rare to have such great neighbors.

FrankMamma
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It is indeed, we are fortunate to have several nice neighbors right now. I think I'll take some cookies or something like that over this weekend.

Quoting Maddie24:

That is so nice!  I have a great neighbor who is always ready to lend a helping hand with what he can do since he is in his late 70s.  I make sure he knows I appreciate it.  It is rare to have such great neighbors.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!  Nice to be pleasantly surprised, isn't it?!

LadyDiamond927
by Pamela on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

That's so nice clapping

DesignGirl450
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

So lovely - you have a special neighbour. 

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:16 PM
So very nice. This reminds me of my dad. He's always doing things like this for his neighbors. He's 70, but you wouldn't know it. He's so active.
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

That is very kind of them!

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

That was very thoughtful of them.  You have good neighbors.

FrankMamma
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:54 PM

I do indeed, I need to appreciate them more. We've actually got a pretty decent little group of neighbors now. Knock on wood! It did take a little practice though!

Quoting DesignGirl450:

So lovely - you have a special neighbour. 

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww....how cool is that?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)