• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So True

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Seen on FB:

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrankMamma
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:00 PM

I say that aaallll the time!

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahhhhh.....I was just telling my DH this!! I keep thinking I'll be able to remember things the way I used to, I don't and get so mad at myself for not writing it down!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 26, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Happens to me a LOT these days!!!

LadyDiamond927
by Pamela on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

So very true!

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Very true. I'll write out a list before going to the store so I won't forget stuff and then I forget the list.lol

DesignGirl450
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, this is true.   And did you know, that if you do write something down, even if you forget to bring the note, the chances are much higher of remembering just because you HAD written it down?   We went to a seminar when my daughter was in school, taught by a fellow who teaches students how to get better grades by changing habits, or following new ones.  This is one reason why flash cards work well as a learning and memory tool, because the students have to consciously pay attention that they are correctly writing down the information. 

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:30 PM

That is so true.  I went to the store this morning and I know I wanted something but I still can't remember what it was.

FrankMamma
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Sucks, don't it?

Quoting suzeebloch:

Happens to me a LOT these days!!!

FrankMamma
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Sometimes I forget even if I have it on my list. I'll get side-tracked on my way to the last item, put something entirely different in the buggy put my list away because I think I'm done, and then when I get home, it's oh shit!!!! I really have to start double checking it BEFORE I leave the store!

Quoting Why123:

That is so true.  I went to the store this morning and I know I wanted something but I still can't remember what it was.

FrankMamma
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I hate it when I do that, it's at least one more trip back.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Very true. I'll write out a list before going to the store so I won't forget stuff and then I forget the list.lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)