Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had a thought

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had a really fun filled day yesterday.  We went to the river, in the middle of Reno and at the river park they had a festival and in the evening there was a Fire Spinning event.  It was all FREE!!  They did have places to spend money of course but we didnt.  I took lunch in a cooler and we just stayed by the river where I got to do a lot of people watching.

I was sitting here this morning, thinking about yesterday and the thought popped into my head,  Do you think Rich people could handle doing what we did?  Do you think a rich person could spend the day at a river with their kids and not spend a dime?  I should pitch a show about it lol.  Can Tom Cruise take Suri to the River Park in Reno and NOT spend a dime the whole day?  LOL

by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I think its possible, just not sure if they think it could be possible. 

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:54 PM

What's your definition of rich? 

Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Id like to see Tom Cruz take PB and J to make sandwiches and realize he forgot a knife and napkins and have to spread the pb on the bread with his finger and use Ice to wash his hands with.  He wouldnt be able to go buy a knife he would have to do like the rest of us do and compromise and use his finger. lol

Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Someone who can go anywhere and spend any amount of money and not even think about how much something is.

Quoting EireLass:

What's your definition of rich? 

Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

lol yea,  there are some people I dont see doing it.  LOL

Quoting 672:

I think its possible, just not sure if they think it could be possible. 

.Holly.
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Yes, I know they could. This is from experience with wealthy family members.
DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I don't think they would want too. They have to prove too us, that they have plenty of money to  do what they want to do. I can't see rich people doing anything that's free. Also there would be too many regular people like us around them. They act like they don't want us around, but if it weren't for people like us, they wouldn't be the people they are. They wouldn't be famous and rich, and have all that money.

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Quoting Ambear72:

Id like to see Tom Cruz take PB and J to make sandwiches and realize he forgot a knife and napkins and have to spread the pb on the bread with his finger and use Ice to wash his hands with.  He wouldnt be able to go buy a knife he would have to do like the rest of us do and compromise and use his finger. lol

I don't believe there is any way he would do that.Lol.

Ambear72
by Amber on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would think it would be a bit relaxing for them.  To just forget about money, and work, and just get out and be a normal person.  Maybe some could but I can think of a few who I dont think could.  But your right most would not.

Quoting DixieL:

I don't think they would want too. They have to prove too us, that they have plenty of money to  do what they want to do. I can't see rich people doing anything that's free. Also there would be too many regular people like us around them. They act like they don't want us around, but if it weren't for people like us, they wouldn't be the people they are. They wouldn't be famous and rich, and have all that money.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably, many rich people are very frugal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)