Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Wednesday?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:14 AM
  • 22 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Hello ladies....wow...middle of the week already.  Actually I'm happy about that.  My neck feels like it's getting a crick in it.  It's on the left side.  I know I've been a little stressed and I guess that's why.  It always always goes on my left side!!!!  lol  It's been so bad before that it was all I could do to even walk.  Nothing like your neck and shoulder working against you.  lol  I'm HOPING I just slept wrong on it.  lol

Anyway...enough whining!!  lol  Have a great day ladies!!   :)

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Today I have an appointment at 8 am. Then I have to come home and get my sons for their physical appts at 10 am. I have some house work to do. I have a parent meeting to attend for my youngest son's football league this evening. My husband is back to work this evening.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Good morning, LouAnn!  Take some ibuprofen for that neck!

One of my former coworkers, MM from the lawfirm, had on FB yesterday that Hooters had all you can eat chicken and asked who could go with her - I volunteered - she said she'd text me in an hour - so I did day #2 of my squat challenge - then hopped in the shower.   and guess what.  Nada.  lol.  She's pulled this stunt in the past and like I expected a different outcome?  lol.  But glad it didn't happen - $12.99 for all you can eat wings is just too pricey for me right now!  lol. 

But yes, it's Wednesday!  Already logged on with the FL group.  One of my docs must be out of the office - no work from him for either Monday or Tuesday so even though I could have logged on an hour ago, I took the time to catch up with FB and surf the net.  lol. 

Taking my mom to JoAnn this afternoon.  She's used up all her "spare" yarn and needs more.  I'll probably quit working around 2 or 2:30 - just depends on what docs I get in my queue today.

oh, the first job in my queue was a lady who presnted to the ER stating she thought she had a "robot" in her arm.   and kept talking about some nylon factory.  lol.  funny start to my morning!

well that's it.  I gotta run now and get back to work.

Happy Hump Day!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Heading to the fairgrounds in a bit to get some more work done, but I think I will be doing more supervising than working today. Just really tired!

Cardiologist visit went well. I have to have some more blood work and a stress test, but he is 80% sure it is not my heart but an inflammation in the chest wall. Rest and some medicine should help, but I am not good at the resting part! Here's hoping I have a good crew of workers this afternoon and evening. Thanks to everyone for the prayers, thoughts and concerns.

I am going to try and do some baking too, that really relaxes me and it is cooler here, so having the oven going doesn't seem like such a bad thing.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Ran to grocery store and picked up Andrew's script this morning. Later I plan on going through some of the crap in my basement and deciding what I want to put in my yard sale that I  plan on having later this month

waytomanykids10
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Finishing up errands I didn't get done yesterday, one kid has a dentist appointment, then coming home and take a nap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Group Admin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope your crick works its way out! Those things can really ruin a day.

I declare today to be a "No Stress Day!" Wouldn't that be wonderful?!? to be that easy!!! haha!

Don and I have our rough spots. Things have been ok for awhile so I guess we were "due" even though I don't like to think of it that way. We each have our stressors and when they happen at the same time, it ain't easy.

They are having a book-signing and celebration of sorts today at the place where Don works. One of the owners published a cookbook. Don wanted us to go but I just wasn't up to spending the whole day there. We would have had to ride in with him this morning. The book-signing is at three. If I had more of a warning and time to prepare a lunch and pack stuff for the day and make plans to hang out with friends there - maybe. I opted to stay home.

I made some banana muffins this morning. Having one with coffee and "visiting" with on-line friends! Have a good day!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Hello ladies....wow...middle of the week already.  Actually I'm happy about that.  My neck feels like it's getting a crick in it.  It's on the left side.  I know I've been a little stressed and I guess that's why.  It always always goes on my left side!!!!  lol  It's been so bad before that it was all I could do to even walk.  Nothing like your neck and shoulder working against you.  lol  I'm HOPING I just slept wrong on it.  lol

Anyway...enough whining!!  lol  Have a great day ladies!!   :)

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:53 AM

We have a place in the town over that does all you can eat wings for $8. It is the same place Anna and I go to for their pizza buffet. Both have salad bar, too. Bummer she was a no-show. But it sounds as if you kinda expected that. I remember you talking about her before. I had a co-worker/"friend" that would be acting like we were the best buds ever whenever I ran into her. She would go on about how we will get together and she'll call me. Never does. Years ago I would call and leave a message but she never returned the calls. She is just that sort of person. Now I wouldn't even want to go. No interest in that friendship anymore. Now that we live here I don't run into her anymore.

What sort of things does your Mom make with yarn?

Quoting suzeebloch:

Good morning, LouAnn!  Take some ibuprofen for that neck!

One of my former coworkers, MM from the lawfirm, had on FB yesterday that Hooters had all you can eat chicken and asked who could go with her - I volunteered - she said she'd text me in an hour - so I did day #2 of my squat challenge - then hopped in the shower.   and guess what.  Nada.  lol.  She's pulled this stunt in the past and like I expected a different outcome?  lol.  But glad it didn't happen - $12.99 for all you can eat wings is just too pricey for me right now!  lol. 

But yes, it's Wednesday!  Already logged on with the FL group.  One of my docs must be out of the office - no work from him for either Monday or Tuesday so even though I could have logged on an hour ago, I took the time to catch up with FB and surf the net.  lol. 

Taking my mom to JoAnn this afternoon.  She's used up all her "spare" yarn and needs more.  I'll probably quit working around 2 or 2:30 - just depends on what docs I get in my queue today.

oh, the first job in my queue was a lady who presnted to the ER stating she thought she had a "robot" in her arm.   and kept talking about some nylon factory.  lol.  funny start to my morning!

well that's it.  I gotta run now and get back to work.

Happy Hump Day!

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Just got home from Hawaii.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Group Admin on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:55 AM

It was a cool night and morning here, too. I made banana muffins with some bananas that were getting dark. I do not bake when it is hot!

Hope you do rest and clear up what is ailing you!!

Quoting darmomusaf:

Heading to the fairgrounds in a bit to get some more work done, but I think I will be doing more supervising than working today. Just really tired!

Cardiologist visit went well. I have to have some more blood work and a stress test, but he is 80% sure it is not my heart but an inflammation in the chest wall. Rest and some medicine should help, but I am not good at the resting part! Here's hoping I have a good crew of workers this afternoon and evening. Thanks to everyone for the prayers, thoughts and concerns.

I am going to try and do some baking too, that really relaxes me and it is cooler here, so having the oven going doesn't seem like such a bad thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)