Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM
  • 25 Replies

My name is Jane and looking for some chat regarding why do my sobs refuse to speak to me and keep my grandchildren away. I feel very isolated and don't have anyone to talk to about it. X

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, Jane, and welcome to our group!  You haven't really given us much to go on and so I can't really answer your question as to why they refuse to speak to you and keep your grandkids away. 

Are all 3 of your sons this way?  How long has this been going on?  How old are the grandkids?  Do they all live close? far? 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! What is your son's reasoning for not speaking to you and keeping your grandchildren away from you?Parhaps with some background info we can help you repair your relationship.

DesignGirl450
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Hi Jane, and welcome to the group.  Please tell us more about you, your sons, and your life.  

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jul. 30, 2014 at 5:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi Jane, oh Sons, LOL I was thinking SOB's lol. I was like wow, maybe thats why.  Tee hee hee. Just kidding.  welcome Yes I would like to know some history also.  Why do you think this is?

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Jane and welcome to the group.

Shari55
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Evening and welcome to the group. Sorry I can't offer you any advice, without much information. Sorry your sons are being this way.

My Second career, Nanny..self employed at last

Shari

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group,Jane.  Like the other ladies said with out any background information on why this might be happening there isn't much advice we can give.

Were there family problems while your sons were still living at home that might of caused this?  Is there hard feelings between the daughter in laws(girlfriends) and you and your husband?  

Sapph1re
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

wow, I didn't expect so many comments, thank you. A bit of background to my situation. I was a single mom for 5 years then met my 2 nd husband. My oldest son left home to live with his dad at 16. This was amicable and saw him often. When he was 22 I had forgotten to give him a birthday card and he hasn't spoken to me since. I tried I suppose a little too hard and he grew further apart. He didn't invite me to his wedding and now has 2 children. They all live in the same small village as I. During this time I had split from my 2nd husband ( he was very abusive but never in front of the children)

my youngest son and his girlfriend stayed with me and had planned to get married in 2014. In august 2012 we were having a family dinner and chatting about the wedding plans etc. 2 wks after the dinner I received a phone call from him from offshore saying he was sorry but they decided to get married in October and I wasn't invited, his reason, if I went his dad wouldn't go. I was broken hearted as they went ahead with the big wedding as planned at the venue etc. I tried to explain this wasn't fair and he hasn't spoken to me since , he has

no children so far.

my middle son has 2 children and a stepson. We got on really well and I saw them about 3 or 4 times a week, until I noticed my new grandson was 5 moths old and he had never been in my house, when I pointed this out, he stated he didn't like coming to my house because of a neighbour. I pointed out that he goes to his dad's (he lives in the same village also) every Friday evening with the children and virtually passes my door, he refuses to come in to mine. He has cut all contact with me now and I can't get him to answer my calls etc. I don't want to bombard him as this didn't work with my first son.

im in such a turmoil and now suffer mental ill health.

sorry for writing such a long background. I'd be grateful of any support or ideas.

x

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Those sound like some very petty reasons, are you sure there are not other reasons that you may not even be aware of? I don't see anyone cutting a parent off for simple reasons as as you listed. How did the behave growing up? Did you give into them as children when there was conflict? Did you buy them pretty much whatever they wanted and let them do whatever they wanted (go to bed, stay out late)?

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 31, 2014 at 3:51 AM

Hi Jane, Welcome to our group. You will love it here. All of our mom's in this group are great. You will love it here. My name is Dixie. My husband of thirty one years and counting is Rick. We have one son, who is twenty eight. He has been married for five years.  We live in Vegas and we are buying a house together. I wish I could help you. but I'm not really sure why they are acting that way. They might have more growing up to do. If they are married, you don't know how their wives are acting. In this group, we all help each other, or just talk silly. We look forward to getting to know you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)