Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

??QOTD??~ 8/4/14~ Have you ever organized a Family Reunion?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:40 AM
  • 19 Replies

If so, how did it turn out? How many people showed up?

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Nope.  I hate organizing things like this.  I'll let someone else do it.  ha ha!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:27 AM

No way.  lol  I don't think I could ever take on something like that.  It would drive me nuts  :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM

No, ny fanily is not that large and it sounds like a big pain in the REar if you have a large family.

MichelleMc
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM

No. Our family reunions stopped years ago. Our generation is so scattered, it makes it hard. 

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Nope. My side of the family doesn't do reunions. My husband's family has a yearly reunion but we don't help with planning it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Not me. 

My Mom had a family reunion/get together every summer when she was alive.  Her brother and all her neices and nephews and their kids and my brother and me and our families.  Most years pretty much everyone came.  Even when we lived in Italy she had it when we were home for a month in the summer. 

The very last one was a month before my Mom died and she was doing very well.  She had brutal chemo that winter.  It was my brothers 50th B'day so very special for my Mom.  She got sick a week later and passed away 3 more weeks after that. 

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM

No.

redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:49 AM

My husband family get together on like birthdays. Especially now that they are getting old and dying off. Next year mil's brother turns 75 and we might go since it will be in Texas one state over from us. 

Mine? Lol. No. My dad's side are all gone, or very old and did not know them at all. Dad was 52 when I was born, so cousins were like 30+ years older then me. Mom's side are dying off, and most of my cousins are older or just weird! Only family I want to see are my mom who lives in town or my sister's in Ca and niece in ok. Besides for my own kids and step kids of course. Lol

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM

No way.

handy0318
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Just did this in June. My in-law's celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and we had family come to Idaho from both PA and AZ. All in all, it turned out very nice.

There were about 20 family members who were coming from out of state, so the key for them was plenty of early information regarding the local motel, B&B and RV park and restaurants...and then call backs for travel arrangements. Since we live so far from the airport, we coordinated things so that dh's uncle from AZ, who planned on renting a car, could provide rides for an Aunt from Texas and another relative from AZ.

At the anniversary party, there were about 85 people all total. Half family, half friends. We over did on food. The RSVP's were fairly accurate once we got them all in, but some were so late in RSVPing, we had to guess at how many would be our final count... mil just decided to go for an even 100. Too much food is much better than too little and the leftovers were served at a Sunday brunch for those who were going to be taking off later that day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN