Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Job change possible

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM
  • 29 Replies

Last year I was the cook at the Head Start where I work.  I didint mind the job.  It was a job, but there was to much drama between the Day Care and Head Start.  I felt like I was in the middle of it because I was the cook and we shared a kitchen with the day care.  Well this year the teachers aid position is open and I put in for it.  All i had to do was write a letter and they said if they talked and agreed then I could have the position.  I talked to my supervisor and she told me that they posted the Cook Position.  I think I will enjoy that so much more.    

Just wanted to share some good news!

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Awesome!!!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM

congrats!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 5, 2014 at 7:58 PM

That's awesome!  I hope you'll enjoy it  :)

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:30 PM

That sounds like a great change for you, Amber.  I hope you enjoy it. 

NannyShari
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Fantastic!!!

Nanny Shari

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Congrats Amber!!!  It sounds like you have the job.   I bet you will enjoy the position. School willbe starting soon!!

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:40 AM

That's great. Good luck in the new position.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Congrats!! I was a Teacher's Aide for Headstart about 16 years ago! It was fun. I had a great teacher that I worked with!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Hey, Way to Go!  So did you for sure get the position?  I am thinking since they posted the Cook's position that means you got it.  How soon would you start?  Is it an increase in pay?  Keep us posted!  How exciting!

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Congratualtions, I think you'll really enjoy working with the little kids.  Do you know or not if they provide college tuition for further  Early Childhood Development and Education training?  Here in MO the HeadStart provide college tuition for their employees so they get on going training ect. There were quite a few of the ladies in my classes at school.  It might be something you check into.

congratulations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)