Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Grrr - Already Frazzled

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  • 14 Replies

At only 1030 AM I am frustrated and feeling harrassed.    We have three toilets in our townhouse, and have known for a while that the one in our ensuite has been having problems, gurgling, tank not filling.  So I booked a plumber to come in this morning and fix that one, and also see how the others are doing as this place is 20 years old.   This plumber needs help with holding things while he screws in something, and then he stepped iinto a mess he made on the floor.  He asked if I had some towels he could put down as his socks are dirty and will soil the carpet.   I asked about him having those booties that workers often wear inside, but noooooo -  he doesn't have any.  God, this is his job - why don't men think about things like that?  I mean, he does this every f - ing day.   And then my husband is home (that new job lasted one week) and is getting involved and in the way.   For almost 20 years, I was the one home and dealt with workers repairing appliances, cleaning carpets, servicing the furnace annually, new flooring, new kitchen appliances, crown molding, delivery of beds and other furniture - you get the picture.    Iain was always at work, and that was fine with me, and now he is here, getting in the way instead of doing some  of the part time stuff he is getting paid for and says he is always behind in doing.  

And then to top it off, the contracters who are washing our houses are now doing the front of my house this week, so this morning had to get everything away from t he front door, containers, wreath and other wall mounted outdoor stuff.  Would have been nice to have some  notice of that.  

Anyhow, that is my Thursday venting session.   I hope that is all crap overwith for the rest of the day.  

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:17 PM

oh, I'm sorry.  what a lousy plumber.  He could have at least brought his own towels!

and I must have missed about Iain's job - it only lasted a week?  grrr. 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:52 PM

T here's more.  The guys "cleaning" the siding on the front of the house left a bunch of dirt which came down from the upper levels, and also on the front door.  And the plumber replaced all the the mechanism in the tank and put on a new flush handle as well.  Now, when the toilet is flushed, the water in the tank gurgles and isn't filling up either.  Like before we paid $160 for him to "fix" the problem.  I called the company and was told the guy couldn't come until Saturday, and I informed him  we will be out of town then, and said I wanted him back today.  Honestly, what is wrong with these people?  This is their only job.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:27 PM

People don't CARE the way they use to.    They don't care about others, customer service, doing the best job they can.  I see it every single day and I have a major problem with it.  I'm sorry you're having such a crappy day and that your dh is there being a pest on top of it all!!!  LOL  I hope tomorrow will be a better day.  Maybe you should tell them you have a bill for them as well for providing towels and holding stuff.  Then maybe you should go make yourself a nice big far Mimosa.  I had one today and it was delicious.  I used Prosecco and OJ....calmed me right down.  Hugs to you!!!  :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Oh, and I'm sorry about his job.  Hope something else comes along  :)

jabs54
by Jeanine on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Oh dear, I'm sorry :(   I wish you lived near me, my son is a plumber ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your dh job :(

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Lynda, I am so sorry the day turned out like that.  I know how it is.  It  almost drove me nuts to have this porch added on.  It took forever and was a terrible mess - they did not care.  Grrr.  I can tell you that I replaced my toilet stuff and it literally took all day.  $160 would have been worth it.  Sorry that the job did not work out for your dh.   

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Thanks everyone.  I know that these aren't real problems, compared to what a lot of people in this group go through.  As far as Iain's job, neither Cassidy nor I thought it was a good fit for him, but we didn't say so to him until afterwards.  The CEO of the company is in her 30's, very driven and has had the company for 6 years.  She seemed to want him to know everything she did immediately.  It is OK because it just wasn't the right position for him.  

DixieL
by Dixie on Aug. 8, 2014 at 4:15 AM

I hope the day got better for you. I hate it when my day starts out bad.

Ambear72
by Amber on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I really hope your day got better as it went along.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Well not really.  The toilet continued to be really slow for the tank to fill, and it kept running.  The guy who did the work was supposed to come this morning, but he called my husband and said because of the road work being done on our street, he couldn't get here.  Really??  I got out this morning.  He is going to come on Monday morning.  I almost don't even care any more.  It's a toilet!! - it just shouldn't be this difficult.  

Quoting Ambear72:

I really hope your day got better as it went along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN