Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What is Your Neighbourhood ...

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:06 PM
  • 30 Replies

like?   Do you enjoy living there?  Are there a lot of trees and/or greenbelt areas? Is it multicultural?

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Large houses and large lots.  Some trees.  Wisconsin is not what anyone would call a multi cultural state, so no.  We hate living here. 

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 2:43 PM

On the side of the street that I live on are all brick houses that are basically the same.  I like my neighborhood because everything is convenient.  It is multicultural.

harmony7
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I live in Very rural America....on a rural tree lined country road, where folks ride their horses on weekends, tractors are a common site and folks in trucks....behind me is a pasture of cows, across the street is some of my land with a cow and my goats and chickens living in it, to the left are trees that line our property, to the right is another field with my animals.  I have two huge pecan trees and my swing in the front yard....

I love, Love Love it :)....dont have to worry about close neighbors, we dont lock the doors and the keys are in the cars

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
MichelleMc
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Pretty rural but there is a decent size road close by to get wherever you need to go. Cows up the street, across the street, Sheep one of our neighbors. Not multicultural, no. Not out here at all. The city nearby a little bit, though not very multi. 

We have almost 5 acres. 

EireLass
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Dead end street. We are last and at the end of out lot is a waterfall. The river runs behind us. One neighbor. Across the road and down from that neighbor is a nice house with elderly that only live there in the summer. Very woodsey. No, not multi cultural.
redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Live on 6 acres, most of it trees. We have a small pasture and a pond and live on a dirt road. We have neighbors but we live in the country. Across the street is a big pasture where there is cow's, and mountain range. We live 5 miles from our little town of 3,500. Not multi cultured, just a bunch of rednecks in their trucks. 

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:22 PM

I'm in rural PA. We own 26acres of land, mostly wooded and a creek runs alongside our property. We love it. We have neighbors but they aren't too close. We are close enough to town that it's convenient. It's not hugely multi cultural. We do have a large Latino population.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:28 PM

It is nice and quiet here. Lots of small yards, some with trees 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Our townhouse complex is on a large park, and as we are suburb of a large cosmopolitan city which is also a seaport, it is very multicultural.  I feel safe here, and know a lot of my neighbours. 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Lot's of trees, older homes, fringe street in a neighborhood people try to get into because of the schools and whatnot. I like living there but I'd rather live at the beach.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN