Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Tuesday?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:33 AM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

come tell us.....

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Good morning.....about to go jump in the shower and then have some coffee. Ugh....I'm still sleepy.  I'm a little sleep deprived because of these dogs.  One more night.  Of course then I  don't get to sleep in anyway because I just have to go home tomorrow and then get up and go to work the next morning.  lol  At least it will be my bed!!  lol

Take care and have a great day ladies!    :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Good Morning! I slept like crap between the news about Robin Williams (it's funny that someone you didn't know IRL can have such an impact on you) and the flooding in my neighborhood, Hell the whole Detroit area. 

I'm not going into work today because frankly there is no way for me to get there with all the roads that are closed. I will do some work from home later on to catch up. 

Suppose to go to a concert with friends tonight but we'll have to see how the roads are by then. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Good  Tuesday morning!  It's nice and brisk here this morning - comfortable temps and low humidity.  feels more like October than the middle of August but once again I am NOT complaining!

Daughter called yesterday - she is such a drama queen and I'm glad she doesn't live with me. I'd be a total basket case.  Her BF's grandpa died and she went into this long explanation how she asked for bereavement pay and then explained how even though she is not married, she was close to this grandpa.  Yeah, I've never heard her say anything about him - but then she said how her work okayed the request - she and BF plan to drive to N. Dakota (12 hour trip) but leave "late Tuesday", spend the night at a motel and then get to destination on Wednesday.  Then when I was at the grocery store, she called back saying they said "no" since she wasn't married.  I'm like, make up your mind already. She was in tears b/c he can't legally drive due to DUIs.  She called me around 6:15, all upset, to let me know Robin Williams had died - she wasn't sure I had heard about it and I'm like I'm on the freaking internet all day.  Then she called me again at 8 freaking 30, after I had already fallen asleep at 7:30, telling me his mom will pay her 1/2 wages so she's going to N. Dakota after all.  I'm like wow.   then the cicadas kicked in outside, my cat started licking herself, my neighbor went squeak squeak.  really?  seriously people/bugs/animals, give me a break!  LOL.  I did fall back to sleep, however, and believe it or not was up promtply just ahead of 3 this morning.  Go figure. 

well, I best be getting to work now. 

Happy Tuesday, everyone.  RIP Robin Williams.  I'm sure he is at peace now.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:46 AM

I saw some pics of the streets.  It's terrible!  Glad you're not going out in it!!  Take care and have a good day  :)

Quoting Cindy18:

Good Morning! I slept like crap between the news about Robin Williams (it's funny that someone you didn't know IRL can have such an impact on you) and the flooding in my neighborhood, Hell the whole Detroit area. 

I'm not going into work today because frankly there is no way for me to get there with all the roads that are closed. I will do some work from home later on to catch up. 

Suppose to go to a concert with friends tonight but we'll have to see how the roads are by then. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 12, 2014 at 7:55 AM

LOL  Sounds like your dd is driving you over the edge.  lol  My kids do that a lot too!  lol  I'm not sure sometimes if they're venting to me or hinting to me to do whatever it is that they are wanting.  lol  Hello....I work all the time to have some money.....they don't seem to get it or maybe they just hope I'm lying!!  LOL  :)

Yea, Robin Williams....he will be missed.  It's very sad.  I just watched Mrs Doubtfire again the other day.  Love that movie!!

Hope today is a good one for you!  If it makes you feel any better I'm extremely sleep deprived too.  lol  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Good  Tuesday morning!  It's nice and brisk here this morning - comfortable temps and low humidity.  feels more like October than the middle of August but once again I am NOT complaining!

Daughter called yesterday - she is such a drama queen and I'm glad she doesn't live with me. I'd be a total basket case.  Her BF's grandpa died and she went into this long explanation how she asked for bereavement pay and then explained how even though she is not married, she was close to this grandpa.  Yeah, I've never heard her say anything about him - but then she said how her work okayed the request - she and BF plan to drive to N. Dakota (12 hour trip) but leave "late Tuesday", spend the night at a motel and then get to destination on Wednesday.  Then when I was at the grocery store, she called back saying they said "no" since she wasn't married.  I'm like, make up your mind already. She was in tears b/c he can't legally drive due to DUIs.  She called me around 6:15, all upset, to let me know Robin Williams had died - she wasn't sure I had heard about it and I'm like I'm on the freaking internet all day.  Then she called me again at 8 freaking 30, after I had already fallen asleep at 7:30, telling me his mom will pay her 1/2 wages so she's going to N. Dakota after all.  I'm like wow.   then the cicadas kicked in outside, my cat started licking herself, my neighbor went squeak squeak.  really?  seriously people/bugs/animals, give me a break!  LOL.  I did fall back to sleep, however, and believe it or not was up promtply just ahead of 3 this morning.  Go figure. 

CometGirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:03 AM

I go back to work today for a 1/2 day.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 12, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, not really.  I'm a long ways from being driven over the edge.   She just annoys me (almost makes me feel PMSy) but I know how sensitive (drama-ee) she can be so I try my best not to display any annoyance in my voice.  Of course I'm sure she doesn't hear it for all the crying she does.  lol

Quoting louannwilkins:

LOL  Sounds like your dd is driving you over the edge.  lol  My kids do that a lot too!  lol  I'm not sure sometimes if they're venting to me or hinting to me to do whatever it is that they are wanting.  lol  Hello....I work all the time to have some money.....they don't seem to get it or maybe they just hope I'm lying!!  LOL  :)

Yea, Robin Williams....he will be missed.  It's very sad.  I just watched Mrs Doubtfire again the other day.  Love that movie!!

Hope today is a good one for you!  If it makes you feel any better I'm extremely sleep deprived too.  lol  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Working.  The front hasn't gotten here yet so it is still sticky.  It will be much better tomorrow. 

bluebunnybabe
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
About to get dressed & get on the road for a 2 1/2 hour drive to have lunch with my mom. She lives five hours away & we meet halfway for lunch every few months. :)
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I need to find a copy of my lease for social services so I can get (hopefully) food stamps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN