Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How is your relationship with the other Grandma?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:18 PM
  • 45 Replies

grandma                  kissing   feeding baby toddler boy

Do you spend any holiday's together for the family?

Do you feel that there is competition between you two for grandchild time and gifts?

Is there any jealousy between you two?

Which one of you gets more family time?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:51 PM

For me the other grandparents live in a different state so it has never been a problem.

terri-553
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I don;t see alot of the other grandmas which is okay with me

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really see the other grandparents very often. They live near Chicago and when they are up north visiting the grandkids, I really don't intrude. We get along well enough but I think our personalities clash. They live a bit of a different lifestyle than we do. They spend a lot of money and we spend more time. I like the idea of building memories. They have more money and we have more patience. I don't think we "compete" with each other. 

harmony7
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Do you spend any holiday's together for the family? I would like to but they have made no effort to visit or see the boys.  E is four and they have seen him twice. J is two and they saw him the first time last fall.

Do you feel that there is competition between you two for grandchild time and gifts? No the boys dont know who they are. They mail gifts at Christmas and nothing at birthdays.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Kalis other Grandma has never really been in the picture so there has never been any problems,I met her once when Kali was born and she seemed like a very nice person and would probably get along just fine.

Her step-grandma is really nice and we get along well. No we haven't had any family gatherings together. And I deffinitly get more time with Kali since we're raising her and they only see her maybe every other weekend when she visits her Dad since her moved in with them about six months ago.  Before then they saw her on holidays sometimes and every once in awhile.

Kali and TJ's paternal grandmother lives in Hawaii but I have met her once and talked to her several times and she is a good person. No jealousy between us. And if she lived closer I'm sure she would be at family get togethers. And since I live a heck of lot closer then she does, I see the boys all the time. I think shes seen TJ once in person and hasn't been able to come visit to see Braden as of yet.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I don't have any grandchildren yet.  I am thinking we will not live near either of our kids when they have kids.  One will not live by either sets of grandparents and one will probably live by the other grandparents so we will have to see how it goes. 

We were the ones out of state so our kids could visit both sets of grandparents at the same time when we visited family.  They lived 10 minutes apart. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Oh well thats works out, do they see the grandchildren often?

Quoting Why123:

For me the other grandparents live in a different state so it has never been a problem.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Do you see the grandchildren more than they do?

Quoting terri-553:

I don;t see alot of the other grandmas which is okay with me

Esmrlda
by Esme on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I like the memories too, those cant be bought.

Quoting LEK19:

I don't really see the other grandparents very often. They live near Chicago and when they are up north visiting the grandkids, I really don't intrude. We get along well enough but I think our personalities clash. They live a bit of a different lifestyle than we do. They spend a lot of money and we spend more time. I like the idea of building memories. They have more money and we have more patience. I don't think we "compete" with each other. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Thats to bad they dont make an effort to see the grandkids, maybe they just dont like being grandparents? 

Quoting harmony7:

Do you spend any holiday's together for the family? I would like to but they have made no effort to visit or see the boys.  E is four and they have seen him twice. J is two and they saw him the first time last fall.

Do you feel that there is competition between you two for grandchild time and gifts? No the boys dont know who they are. They mail gifts at Christmas and nothing at birthdays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)