Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

??QOTD??~ 8/14/14~ When was the last time you went to court and why?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:26 AM
  • 40 Replies

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kadcas
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Never been most people don't.
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:32 AM

I wouldn't say most.... There are many reasons to be in court. Divorce, custody, guardianship, probate, traffic violations, marriage, adoption, etc, etc.....

Quoting kadcas: Never been most people don't.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:57 AM

I had jury duty January 2012.  That was interesting!

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Never have.

MichelleMc
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Jury Duty about 2 years ago. 

Now being at the court house, well you can pay taxes there, the Veteran's Affair Rep is there, you get concealed weapons permit there, as that is where the Sheriff's office is here. So I have been to the courthouse more recently than 2 years ago, but not to "court". 

Manth
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:13 AM

The closest I ever came to being in court was Jury Duty 25 years ago.  I sat in the Jury room for a day, drinking cups of tea and reading my book until we were dismissed.  I had been called for the whole week, but I had to ring them up the day before each time (after 4 pm) to see if they needed me.  There was only one day when they did call me, and I wasn't picked for a jury, so...

redneck_kids
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Last month Libby's bf went to court for failure to pay and failure to appear for something really stupid.
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:37 AM

It was a long time ago when my girl was in 6th grade to get the terms of her bio "father's" will clearer since he was a jerk and made them unclear even though I put him through law school. Classis asshatness by him. He died when she was in 2nd grade and it took that long to fix things.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Never.  I agree that most haven't.  I don't know many that have myself.  Oh, noticed someone said jury duty.  I never went in a courtroom though so that probably doesn't count either. 

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:53 AM
A few weeks ago. We were fighting my mother to get my sister exhumed and her casket moved. My mother buried her in a private cemetery on her land and then refused to let us come onto the land. Also to get her headstone changed. My mother put just the word suicide on it.

Because my husband and I have my sisters children the judge sided with us. she is now in the cemetary on my mil's family plot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN