Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM
  • 62 Replies

come tell us....

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Ok ladies....it's ready and waiting for you for Friday morning.  :)

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I am currently baking cookies and just finished a lemon loaf cake for work tomorrow.   

We are entertaining great friends this weekend.    I will be doing a little shopping and some light cleaning after work tomorrow.    

Saturday  will be alot of food prep, laughter, adult beverages,  fun and relaxation.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:47 PM

sounds like a great weekend at your house!  enjoy  :)

Quoting LeJane:

I am currently baking cookies and just finished a lemon loaf cake for work tomorrow.   

We are entertaining great friends this weekend.    I will be doing a little shopping and some light cleaning after work tomorrow.    

Saturday  will be alot of food prep, laughter, adult beverages,  fun and relaxation.  

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 15, 2014 at 5:25 AM

so wow and it's friday again.  I am not sure what happened to the week.  lol.

I only worked until 3 or so yesterday, then sat outside and read on my Kindle.

Made supper, cleaned my kitchen then read some more. 

Getting ready to start the FL group on the early side this morning.  Today's the last day of the payperiod and I did not have the most productive payperiod.  ugh.  lol.  OH WELL. 

that's it!  Happy I-get-to-sleep-in-tomorrow Day!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Today is our end of summer picnic with the residents. I made pea salad and brought a watermelon. All of the staff helps to contribute something so that we have lots of variety. Gonna start my weekend chores this evening so that maybe I can just relax a little tomorrow.

We are going to a neighboring county fair tomorrow evening for the demolition derby and their coronation. We are hoping to take our fair queen with us so that she can see what other fairs do.

Sunday will just be a day of rest. DD has somewhere to go and I'm thinking a quiet day at home might just be the ticket before starting another busy week at work.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Quoting LeJane:

Saturday  will be  a lot of food prep, laughter, adult beverages,  fun and relaxation.  

I need me some of that!!!! Have a great time!

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Working.  We are supposed to be listening to the president of the college because today is Fall Conference but I have too much to do.  Tomorrow we are going to the Sweet Corn Festival.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I am not working today. Doing some laundry. Might go see The Frog Guy at the local library later this morning. Anna had a lot of fun last year. She volunteered and had a bunch of tree frogs on her arm. She was the "tree." A salmander bit her finger and hung on, too. It was harmless and didn't hurt. She didn't even flinch! I'll ask her if she wants to go and I am guessing she will! Don has the car but we can walk there. It is only about 8 blocks away - maybe less. I will have to count.

Anna fell off a scooter again and hurt her arm. She did it a few days ago at a friend's and again at home last night. We'll see how it is when she gets up. Her wrist swelled a bit the first time. This time she landed on the same arm but it hurt more further up. She jammed it pretty good.

Looks like it will be another nice, sunny day!

Have a good Friday, Everybody!

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Lot of running around to do later this morning. Larry is off today so he is taking Kalis kitten out to the vet for its first shots and check up and when he gets back from doing that he has to take his Mom out to do some buisness.

I need to run some paperwork over to one of my Dr.s office to try and set up a payment plan for his bill for the surgery. Then to the Boys and Girls Club to get Kali registered,hopefully someone will be there today since there wasn't yesterday when we went.  Also have to go to the grocery store to pick up a few odds and ends needed for the weekend.

Pick Kali up from school and have her clean up her room before going to he rMoms for the weekend.  Not sure if Larry and I will do anything this evening or not.  Might have him go pick up some Chinese for dinner and call it a day.

This weekend Larry is working and it my last weekend before classes start on Monday so I'm going to do some house cleaning and then relax the rest of the weekend.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:14 AM

This week did seem to go by quick.  I was happy about that!!  lol  Hope you have a good day :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

so wow and it's friday again.  I am not sure what happened to the week.  lol.

I only worked until 3 or so yesterday, then sat outside and read on my Kindle.

Made supper, cleaned my kitchen then read some more. 

Getting ready to start the FL group on the early side this morning.  Today's the last day of the payperiod and I did not have the most productive payperiod.  ugh.  lol.  OH WELL. 

that's it!  Happy I-get-to-sleep-in-tomorrow Day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN