Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Anyone ever have blepharoplasty surgery?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM
  • 30 Replies
I had this done Thursday and am very bruised. Just wonder if anyone had this and how recovery was...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Yes, years ago and it was the best $3900 I ever spent, as am still showing the benefits.  The surgeon used a new technology laser machine with which he resurfaced my upper and lower eyelids after the procedure.  This tightened everything up really well, but honestly my eyes were tender for about two years from the laser resurfacing.  I was really happy that I had this done as I like to look good, but some signs of aging/gravity you cannot correct with OTC skin care and makeup products.   I hope you are happy with your results, keep us posted. 

njt320
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Were you really bruised afterwards? My vision was screwed up so my insurance covered it but looking in the mirror today I am kinda wishing I hadn't done this argggg

Quoting DesignGirl450:

Yes, years ago and it was the best $3900 I ever spent, as am still showing the benefits.  The surgeon used a new technology laser machine with which he resurfaced my upper and lower eyelids after the procedure.  This tightened everything up really well, but honestly my eyes were tender for about two years from the laser resurfacing.  I was really happy that I had this done as I like to look good, but some signs of aging/gravity you cannot correct with OTC skin care and makeup products.   I hope you are happy with your results, keep us posted. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Jeanine on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

What the heck is it???  Hope your doing better!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I know how to SPELL it but honestly I only kinda know what it is.  

I'm sure the bruising will fade with time and it if helps your vision, that's awesome! 

njt320
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Upper eye lids 😄

Quoting suzeebloch:

I know how to SPELL it but honestly I only kinda know what it is.  

I'm sure the bruising will fade with time and it if helps your vision, that's awesome! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:47 PM

My stepmpther had this done and the bruising was very bad.  I know she was very uncomfortable for a while, but after healing it was unbelievable.  She looked marvelous and was so happy with it.  Good luck and I hope you are pleased with the results.

njt320
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:55 PM
I think I will scare my granddaughter! Lol

Quoting Maddie24:

My stepmpther had this done and the bruising was very bad.  I know she was very uncomfortable for a while, but after healing it was unbelievable.  She looked marvelous and was so happy with it.  Good luck and I hope you are pleased with the results.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Awww - I am sorry.  I remember Daddy saying at the time he was afraid someone would think he had hurt her and was sure glad when the bruising had faded.  You may be surprised with your DGD.  My grandmother had brain surgery when I was 4 and it disfigured her beautiful face.  They said at the time, I took one good look at her, flung my arms around her and never a word was said. 

Quoting njt320: I think I will scare my granddaughter! Lol
Quoting Maddie24:

njt320
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Geesh that teared me up. My gdd is 2.5 and we are very very close. Hoping this looks a little better in a few days argggg

Quoting Maddie24:

Awww - I am sorry.  I remember Daddy saying at the time he was afraid someone would think he had hurt her and was sure glad when the bruising had faded.  You may be surprised with your DGD.  My grandmother had brain surgery when I was 4 and it disfigured her beautiful face.  They said at the time, I took one good look at her, flung my arms around her and never a word was said. 

Quoting njt320: I think I will scare my granddaughter! Lol
Quoting Maddie24:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Holly.
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no advice, but wanted to say I hope you recover soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN