Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

So scared!

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:54 PM
  • 33 Replies
I live alone now.This week I woke up to a BAT flying around IN my house!!! It scared the heck out of me!!!! I have no idea how it got in. I get creeped out if there is a bug in my house.This was so much worse. My heart was pounding.Now everytime I get home at night I peek in to make sure that all is clear.
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyDiamond927
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I do that also...ever since I woke up to a bird flying around. I knew how it got in, sometimes my husband leaves the deck door & screen wide open when he goes out there for a min.  I warned him that would happen....

MichelleMc
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 5:14 AM

We get bats at times when we first moved in here. We had to locate where they were coming in at. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 19, 2014 at 5:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd freak out, too!  lol. 

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I don't blame you for being scared.  Anything bigger than an ant can be aweful.  I have had a bird or two.  You just open a door and shoo them in that direction.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I would regularly get bats at my other house. They would come in through the garage and could fit through an opening in the door to the porch. If we had the inside two porch doors open they could come in. 

My ex would totally freak out! I am not so afraid. I can even put on a leather glove, pick them up and put them back outside if I have to! 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 19, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I would be startled if we had a bat in the house.  Apparently they are harmless, but still, you would rather they didn't invade your space.  I hope you don't experience this again.  

DixieL
by Dixie on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I would be very scared too. Can you call someone and ask them what to do. You can let them know you found a bat, and they would know how it got in and if other bats can get in too.

DixieL
by Dixie on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Quoting suzeebloch:

I'd freak out, too!  lol. 

I would too. Lol.

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Ack, I'd be scared also!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I would freak out too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN