Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

James Foley - Beheaded and I'm horrified

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM
  • 19 Replies

James Foley has been brutally executed by ISIS. May he RIP and I feel so deeply for his family.  I'm horrified that the beheading is on youtube. What is happening in our world?  How could someone watch this. I hope to God it's removed.  This is beyond words.

James Foley's parents: 'He was a martyr, a martyr for freedom'

http://news.yahoo.com/james-foley-parents-video-183644711.html

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:52 PM

It is sad..I have seen links to the beheading but I would not click on them. I hope they take them down also but stuff like that always seems to find a way of reappearing.

KittyGram
by Becky on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM

How sad for his family.  The fact that they lost him, the manner in which he died, and the fact that it's posted for the world to see.  Just horrible.  

Esmrlda
by Esme on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

He was just a pawn in the ISIS little game. He looked like a good man and many appreciated his work.  I wouldnt want to see the beheading also.  Seems like people want to go back to the barbaric ways.  Lets see what USA is going to do about it.  Things dont look good IMO since we have already sent some drones out there.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Terrible situation, I saw the story on Today this morning.  I didn't know that the video of his execution was circulating.  

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I wish all the idiots behind it could be beheaded or hanged or tortured to death. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:11 PM

It's horrifying.  I wouldn't want to see it either.  I think it's sad that some people do want to see something like that.  I can't wrap my head around how awful his family and friends must feel right now.  It just breaks your heart.  I've been saying prayers for them all and will continue to do so.  Sadly that's about all any of us can do now  :(

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:11 PM

This is truely sad...

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:57 PM

What I find unthinkable is that he had been held captive there for nearly 2 years and then this is the first we've heard of it? 

Remember the 2 missionaries who were held captive somewhere for years and they finally escaped but her husband was killed in the attempt? 

and the gal in Italy who was in prison there for several years - she was found guilty of murdering her roommate - but I think she's back in the US now.

I mean seriously - as an American Citizen - I guess if you are captured/incarcerated in a foreign country you are just up shit creek?

I saw the video but did not watch it.  I almost hit play and then thought what if they show him being beheaded?  I wasn't clear whether they were actualy showing that part or not so I'm glad I didn't watch it.

Christians are being persecuted over in the middle east now ... I am glad we live in a country where we have religious freedom but it does bother me that this country can't help their own citizens more.

.Holly.
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I can't wrap my head around what the family is going through either. It's heartbreaking.

Quoting louannwilkins:

It's horrifying.  I wouldn't want to see it either.  I think it's sad that some people do want to see something like that.  I can't wrap my head around how awful his family and friends must feel right now.  It just breaks your heart.  I've been saying prayers for them all and will continue to do so.  Sadly that's about all any of us can do now  :(

Ambear72
by Amber on Aug. 20, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Thats horrible,  I feel for his family!!  So so sad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)