Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sailing

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:39 AM
  • 19 Replies
I want to learn to sail, then leave.
Maybe it's crazy, but it sounds like fun. I wonder how difficult it is to learn or to get a used sailboat. Then what would I do for work of I'm in the water 😖

Crazy me, always wanting to run away.. Sniff
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Sailing seems dangerous to me particularly around the world but what a way to live if you can afford it. I've sailed only tiny craft on lakes. The ocean is much more dangerous IMO. I understand wanting to run away. *hugs*

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not the only one yearning to run away.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't mind a day sail but wouln't want to be on a boat that small for too long.

MichelleMc
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My friends had a sail boat. She said it wasn't hard at all. They enjoyed it. It isn't for me. 

LEK19
by Group Admin on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no inclination to go sailing although I can see why it would appeal to many people. We live on a large lake and there are a lot of sailboats at the local marinas. They offer classes for all ages. I am not so sure that I have sea legs! I have only been in canoes and smaller boats.

We all need a chance to just get away sometimes......

ha ha, now you got me daydreaming........

Esmrlda
by Esme on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think I would enjoy sailing one iota. But my Bff and her dh just bought a sail boat.  If I go to visit them and they offer to take me out I would go.

flika
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish it was different. This feeling can get to much to handle. Right now, I want to run so far away, I wish I could leave my feelings behind.

Quoting Why123:

You are not the only one yearning to run away.

flika
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:20 PM
I find classes near me and not to expensive. I'm trying to see how much a used one would be to see if it's a possibility. Probably a crazy one though.

Quoting MichelleMc:

My friends had a sail boat. She said it wasn't hard at all. They enjoyed it. It isn't for me. 

flika
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Do you know if it's used or new? I'm researching to see if it's possible to buy one. My mom would die of course but I want to move.

Quoting Esmrlda:

I dont think I would enjoy sailing one iota. But my Bff and her dh just bought a sail boat.  If I go to visit them and they offer to take me out I would go.

ChitownLady
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I own a small 2 person sailboat that I used to use on the lake I used to live on, now it's sitting in our storage area in one of the barns on our property. Here we only have rivers so it's just collecting dust. I loved it and wish I could still use it, hoping I could live near a lake again.

Sailing can be fun! I took sailing lessons several years ago, but they were just 4 man boats and we sailed in a marina. I have been on a couple larger ones in Lake Michigan with friends, it is so nice to just glide with the wind. I don't think I would want one that big personally. I would rather go out in a boat with at least 2 engines on a large body of water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)