Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the quirkiest thing about you?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:55 PM
  • 41 Replies

How has your quirkiness come in handy throughout your lifetime?

sarcasm

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redneck_kids
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not afraid of snakes. In fact kids ask me what kind of reptiles they come across. Lol
specialwingz
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a bazillion random useless facts in my head.  LOL.  Why is it I can remember how kayaks are made?  Or how carbon fiber bikes and musical instuments are made?  Or that dogs have 40X the sensors in their noses as humans?  Or that 1 1/4 counterclockwise turns of a set screw in a carburetor will make an engine run smoother?  That Mozart, at the age of 4, could memorize a piece of music in half an hour?  That pencil thin asparagus is from a very old plant that is no longer able to pump enough nutirents into it's spears?  That pencil lead is no longer lead, but graphite?  I could go on like this forever.  And, I mean, they just get more and more random.  All stuff I've learned along the way through my 55 years.  Yet, I can't seem to remember where I put my iPod or my cell phone or my finished cross stitch projects I need to have cleaned and framed.  Oh, and my birth certificate that we needed to get our marriage license.  

Seriously?  sarcasm

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive never been a touchy feely person, and I thoroughly enjoy my person space. How is this handy? I dont get sick. I have only had the common cold 3 times in 56 years.
mjmorrison
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a volunteer firefighter, hold a us coast guard captains licence and have a cdl drivers licence.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM

my quirks don't really come i handy unless you count the way I like to eat popcorn ..it does entertain other people LOL

DesignGirl450
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I was my Dad's boy that he never had (four daughters!) and used to help him with wood working and other jobs around the home and yard.  It helped to make me a very handy woman, who changes light fixtures, bathroom ceiling fans, puts up curtain rods, etc. which are jobs that most women get their hubands or male friends to do. 

LadyDiamond927
by Pamela on Oct. 16, 2014 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know if it's quirky or crazy, but when I eat things in pieces, like for example nuts or chips, I have to count it out and eat an even number....it hasn't came in handy yet, but my family gets a good laugh...sarcasm

louannwilkins
by Louann on Oct. 16, 2014 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmm...not sure!!  lol  But!  I've enjoyed reading this post.  I'll think about this one and come back  :)

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 16, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, you sure are full of useless information.  I am told that short term memory goes first which is why I can't find things that I have put away.

Quoting specialwingz:

I have a bazillion random useless facts in my head.  LOL.  Why is it I can remember how kayaks are made?  Or how carbon fiber bikes and musical instuments are made?  Or that dogs have 40X the sensors in their noses as humans?  Or that 1 1/4 counterclockwise turns of a set screw in a carburetor will make an engine run smoother?  That Mozart, at the age of 4, could memorize a piece of music in half an hour?  That pencil thin asparagus is from a very old plant that is no longer able to pump enough nutirents into it's spears?  That pencil lead is no longer lead, but graphite?  I could go on like this forever.  And, I mean, they just get more and more random.  All stuff I've learned along the way through my 55 years.  Yet, I can't seem to remember where I put my iPod or my cell phone or my finished cross stitch projects I need to have cleaned and framed.  Oh, and my birth certificate that we needed to get our marriage license.  

Seriously?  sarcasm

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 16, 2014 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I have lots of them and can't pick just one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)