• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Electric Blanket

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:12 AM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you have one? I got one jlast month and oh my gosh, why did I wait so long?!! I wake up in less pain and I sleep so much better. I'm in LOVE!
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Nope, both my husband and I are hot sleepers, we would roast with an electric blanket,

MichelleMc
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 5:31 AM

No. I don't have them. Since I had one that caught on fire when I was a kid, I won't ever have any in my house. A friends step daughter, hers just caught on fire last year and it was the newer ones that aren't to do that ( they say ). If the wires get bent, etc. it can happen, which is what happened to us, so I would never use one, especially not to sleep. My mom spelled something and woke up. It just had started to smoke a little. 

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:26 AM

No I don't have one.

sparklypear
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:35 AM
I just bought one a few days ago. I had been sleeping with a heating pad and moving it around to different spots. I've slept so good the last few nights. It's so soft and warm and toasty. I love it!
EireLass
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM

We used to use one. I bought a thick down comforter. And my husband is like an oven in bed, so he makes the whole place warm. 

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Nope...

LEK19
by Group Admin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I am one of those that avoids using them. They seem to work for some people. For Don and I he would get too hot. I am cold at first but will usually wear socks or more blankets - putting them around my feet to get warmed up. Later I kick them off.

I know people that have had fires also. Another friend swears it messes with her body too much - something about the electromagnetism or other. Don's brother's wife got burned by one that had short-circuited somehow. I don't know if they have better built-in safety features now or not.

ChitownLady
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I had a blanket, but didn't like it, since we always toss and turn, and my hubby kept his a lot warmer than my side, and he would kick it off and land on me and I would be in a slow cook, then we went to a heating mattress cover, which was much nicer. Now we have a 4 inch mattress topper with memory foam and that makes us hot enough, so we don't use anything electric any more.

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:46 AM

No, I've never had an interest in getting one, probably because it's just not cold enough here to justify it.  I've also heard of the dangers of them and I'd be leery of that.  I would think most would have safety features now tho? Does yours? Hope you enjoy it.

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM

The only time I have ever had one was when I had a water bed and no heater in it.  The electric blanket worked fine to warm the water.  Other than that no.  I don't really want one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)