• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Wish She Would Have Given Me More Notice

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:19 AM
  • 10 Replies

My 31 year old daughter told me that she would have to have two surgeries within the next six months.  Okay, I will be there to take care of her.  She comes first.  1. Her doctor recommended a hysterectomy or scalding of her uterus.  I still don't really understand that and she is getting more opinions.  2.  She lost 150 pounds and needs to have the excess fat and skin removed.  That will be more expensive than the first surgery.  So she calls me a few days ago and says she is having surgery two on the third, could I please come down on the first.  

Well hell, I had plans for the next two weeks.  On the 11th I had an initiation at Eastern Stars and a Red Hat party I was supposed to host!  Luckily everyone understands.  I told everyone right away so they could make new plans. 

She says her deductible is paid for this year and it will be considerably cheaper for her to have the surgery now.  Ugh.  I love my daughter and of course I will be there for her, but geez.  I will have to be there for atleast two weeks.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DesignGirl450
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM

You are a very good mother, and I hope all turns out well for your daughter with the surgeries.  Do you have to go very far to be with her?

PogoPalOj
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:53 AM

She lives 180 miles away, so about three hours.

Quoting DesignGirl450:

You are a very good mother, and I hope all turns out well for your daughter with the surgeries.  Do you have to go very far to be with her?

DixieL
by Dixie on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I know by my insurcance, that it costs less if you get if down before the first of the year. I think she could have givien you a little more notice. they always told me ahead of time. I hope she gets better fast from the surgery. My prayers will be with both of you. You will be also be in my thoughts.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM

That is sweet of you to still go help her even with the short notice! Anything to help out, especially with the high costs of medical care!

Maybe she didn't have much notice either from the insurance company?

PogoPalOj
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.  Well, they had someone cancel their surgery so the clinic called her last minute.  I love my child, I will do anything for her.  And I'm the one that told her to call when it was going to be done, because I wanted to help her.

Quoting DixieL:

I know by my insurcance, that it costs less if you get if down before the first of the year. I think she could have givien you a little more notice. they always told me ahead of time. I hope she gets better fast from the surgery. My prayers will be with both of you. You will be also be in my thoughts.

DixieL
by Dixie on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Quoting PogoPalOj:

Thank you.  Well, they had someone cancel their surgery so the clinic called her last minute.  I love my child, I will do anything for her.  And I'm the one that told her to call when it was going to be done, because I wanted to help her.

Quoting DixieL:

I understand why she is having it earlier now. I feel the very same about my son. There is nothing in the world, I wouldn't do for him. He is the same way with me, even though, I beg him not to be. I hope she gets better fast. Congratulations to her, on the weight, and I hope she gets better very fast. Good Luck.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:01 PM

She is right about the deductible and saving money.  Will you reschedule your red hat party?  Of coarse I would of done the same thing. Good job Mama!

PogoPalOj
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I am the Princess of our group and will be the vice-queen next year.  The queen, vice queen and princess host the Christmas party every year.  This is the first time in eleven years that I've missed one.  They will do alright without me.  But I'm gonna miss it! lol   Everything will be okay.  My baby neeeeeeds meeeee. LOL

Quoting Esmrlda:

She is right about the deductible and saving money.  Will you reschedule your red hat party?  Of coarse I would of done the same thing. Good job Mama!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Im sure you were looking forward to it.  ; ( 

Quoting PogoPalOj:

I am the Princess of our group and will be the vice-queen next year.  The queen, vice queen and princess host the Christmas party every year.  This is the first time in eleven years that I've missed one.  They will do alright without me.  But I'm gonna miss it! lol   Everything will be okay.  My baby neeeeeeds meeeee. LOL

Quoting Esmrlda:

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM

It would have been nice if she gave you more notice. You are a great mom for helping her out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)