Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question of the Day~~ 11/24/14~ Where do you grocery shop and why?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:53 AM
  • 23 Replies

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:58 AM

I'm fortunate to have Aldi close by!  And if I hop over to the Missouri side of state line (I live in Kansas) the tax on food is some 3% less!  Gas is also less expensive in Missouri.

I buy pretty much everything at Aldi ... but for the few items they don't have, I run to the local grocery store, Price Chopper.  It's less expensive than going to HyVee which I think is a more national grocer. There's also a local grocery store called Hen House but it's pretty pricey so I seldom go there. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:38 AM

There are several that I go to...Aldi, Harris Teeter, Wal mart....I can easily stop at any of these since I go past them several times a week and I pay attention to what's on sale

MichelleMc
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Walmart & Giant Eagle. We have a bunch of different other stores around but Walmart most & Giant Eagle second. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Sentry. It is locally owned. It is a very large gourmet grocery store.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I shop at a grocery story closest to work because it's convenient has as good service as you can find these days and good produce although not farmers market or veg stand good. It's a bit pricier but it's what I have time to do.

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM

It depends what is on sale where.  I go to Kroger. Meijers, WalMart or Target.

Maime13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Everyplace?LOL

I go to the places that have specific items I want.

That includes Kroger, Costco, Meijer and an independent grocer in our area.

DesignGirl450
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I shop at a Canadian chain called Superstore, and one of their smaller stores called Your Independent Grocer.  I also shop at Safeway for convenience.  For produce I usually go to produce stores we have in our malls here as good prices and variety.  When I go across to WA state, I shop at Fred Meyer, good prices and some items we don't have here. 

SpiritedWitch
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Walmart

Sams

Lowes Foods

IGA ... Honeys

I see so many say they shop at Aldi. You could not pay me to set foot in that nasty, disgusting place. It's dirty and smells awful. I've been to three different ones and they are all like that.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I always start my grocery shopping at the farmers market. Why? Because I like to support our local farmers. We only eat meat grown by our locals or ourselves. No hormones, no antibiotics, no pesticides, etc. We buy our milk from the farm up the street as well. Raw milk. Veggies and fruits as well. 

Then I move onto "Hannaford" grocery. Why? Because it's the only place here!! haha. 

Food is SO expensive here. So it seems.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)