Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is SOMETHING UNEXPECTED that you are thankful for.... right now?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:26 PM
  • 52 Replies

dancing   bouncing  happy

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM

I didn't know that the local school system would be closed all this week.  It means that I can get ready for work in peace and quiet.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I guess I am repeating myself but both Don and I are surprised at the amount of support we are getting from people around here - from the guy at the hardware store to good friends - since Don was "laid off." Being relatively new to this area, we are pleasantly surprised.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM

LOL, very sweet indeed! 

I didnt know you lived by a school.  I dont think I could do that....hearing all the screaming, bells and yelling all the time.  It would get on my last nerve.! 

Quoting Why123:

I didn't know that the local school system would be closed all this week.  It means that I can get ready for work in peace and quiet.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:10 PM

So nice when people have your back like that.  See they all know that the others are in the wrong. 

Quoting LEK19:

I guess I am repeating myself but both Don and I are surprised at the amount of support we are getting from people around here - from the guy at the hardware store to good friends - since Don was "laid off." Being relatively new to this area, we are pleasantly surprised.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:11 PM

My friend texting me this morning saying thank you for her birthday card. I love when people acknowledge a kind gesture, not to many people do. 

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I don't live all that close to a school.  My daughter in law gets up and turns on all of the lights and cartoons on the tv.  I really hate Sponge Boob.

Quoting Esmrlda:

LOL, very sweet indeed! 

I didnt know you lived by a school.  I dont think I could do that....hearing all the screaming, bells and yelling all the time.  It would get on my last nerve.! 

Quoting Why123:

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:07 PM

I thought they had moved out?  LOL oh yes I bet that is annoying. 

Quoting Why123:

I don't live all that close to a school.  My daughter in law gets up and turns on all of the lights and cartoons on the tv.  I really hate Sponge Boob.

Quoting Esmrlda:

LOL, very sweet indeed! 

Quoting Why123:

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I am always thankful for everything good in my life - my wonderful husband, son, DIL and grandkids, our health, our jobs, a roof over our heads.  But right now, I am particularly thankful for some unexpected funds that we are receiving as Hurricane Sandy victims.  Our downstairs was flooded and we lost everything there - furniture, appliances, hot water heater, TV, piano etc, etc, and also much in our yard was destroyed - fences, railings, pool filter, barbecue grill, snowblower, etc, etc.  Some things were covered by insurance and we got nothing from FEMA.  We had to borrow against our pension to replace a lot of the things, and not all of the work has been done yet.  A friend of ours from town who goes to our church happened to mention that he was able to receive funds from the county to reimburse for his losses - he also had his 1st floor flooded.  We applied & much to our surprise, we were approved for all the thousands of dollars we put out of pocket.  Now, we can finish the remaining repairs and do work that had to be put off because of the damages - maybe we'll finally be able to replace our 50 year old kitchen!  And maybe, with our 30th wedding anniversary coming up, we can finally take the honeymoon we never had!  So for all this, we are truly thankful!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM

All the sduport I have gotten from the ladies in this group during my quit smoking journey.

PogoPalOj
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:12 PM

My mom was making her trip home, five hours or so.  Her brand new Prius broke down just as they were getting off at the exit at Sallisaw Oklahoma.  They were able to pull into a McDonald's and call a tow truck.  There were so many dead cell phone areas they could have broken down at.   And then when the tow truck pulled their car into the parking lot of the Toyota dealership, the owner just happened to be driving by and came and helped them even though they were already closed.  I am so grateful that they made it home okay!  They were still about two hours out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)