Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im Making a Pumpkin Mousse pie, what kind will you be making?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:30 PM
  • 4 Replies

Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie

Makes: 10 servings

Active Time: 

Total Time: 

CRUST

• 30 small gingersnap cookies, (about 7 1/2 ounces)
    • 2 tablespoons raisins
    • 1 tablespoon canola oil

FILLING

• 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
    • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
    • 2 pints (4 cups) frozen low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened (see Tip)

PREPARATION

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
    2. To prepare crust: Combine gingersnaps and raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and pulse until blended. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
    3. Bake the crust until set, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
    4. To prepare filling: Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well. Add ice cream and stir until blended. Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Let the pie soften slightly in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.

TIPS & NOTES

• Make Ahead Tip: Cover and freeze the pie for up to 3 days. | Equipment: 9-inch deep-dish pie pan
    • Tip: To soften ice cream quickly, microwave on Medium-Low for 30 to 60 seconds.

NUTRITION

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-4):
    LEK19
    by Group Admin on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Now I might try that pie!

I am not a pie eater and am not a fan of pumpkin at all. I would try different pumpkin pies every year for years and didn't like a one!

That one sounds bearable!!! haha!

I might be making my oldest daughter a green apple pie. It was her birthday yesterday and I told her she can pick out what dessert I am to make for Thanksgiving. She also picked peanut butter cookies with the chocolate star on top. Or she said just serve more cheese and meats!

Why123
    by Nancy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:11 PM

That sounds like an interesting pie but I am not all that fond of pumpkin or cooking.

Esmrlda
    by Esme on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Yeah, something different but still in the same pumpkin category.  ; ) 

Ooooh peanut butter cookies!!! baking

Quoting LEK19:

Now I might try that pie!

I am not a pie eater and am not a fan of pumpkin at all. I would try different pumpkin pies every year for years and didn't like a one!

That one sounds bearable!!! haha!

I might be making my oldest daughter a green apple pie. It was her birthday yesterday and I told her she can pick out what dessert I am to make for Thanksgiving. She also picked peanut butter cookies with the chocolate star on top. Or she said just serve more cheese and meats!

Esmrlda
    by Esme on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM

LOL, you put in your time for cooking?  Im just about gtting there too. 

Quoting Why123:

That sounds like an interesting pie but I am not all that fond of pumpkin or cooking.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)