Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD~~ 12/4~ How close do you live from the hospital?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:31 AM
  • 23 Replies

Do you have choices when it comes to which hospital you choose to receive your care?

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddies_Mommy10
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:33 AM
No, we just have one about an hour away ..... We do have an emergency room in town and some quick cares though.
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:44 AM

I have several hospitals that are pretty darned close to me.  When I have to go to the emergency room, I pick the one that is maybe 3 miles away and has the easiest, least congested route and I know parking is easy. 

waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Our hospital is about 18 miles away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I have about 4 that are relatively close.  They are like 5 to 10 minutes from my house.

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Less than 10 mins away.
EireLass
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM

So far I haven't had to go to a hospital for any care, here. The closest is about 30 minutes, the next would be 45.

My husband uses the VA for all his med care, that's an hour. Although in an emergency situation, he could go anywhere and the VA would pay. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I live in a very large metropolis area. I have many choices. All within 5 minutes to 45 minutes away.
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM
We have choices. They are 15 to 20 min away. Some others are 30 and 45 min away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I'm about 4 1/2 miles from one hospital, but it is very small, with limited services.  I'd probably never go there in an emergency situation. Two of my grandchildren were born there - it's a great hospital for childbirth with no risks.

I'm about 6 miles from a very big, well-staffed hospital with a lot of services.  I go there for any tests ordered from my doc, and have gone there plenty of times in emergency situations.  It's also where I had my gall bladder removed, and where I had surgery to remove a cyst from my ear drum and repair the eardrum.

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:52 AM

There is only one hospital in this county and it is, approximately, 12 miles from me and since roads there are mostly gravel it takes us about 20 minutes to get to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)