• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD~~ 12/28/14~ What is your ideal way to ring in the New Year?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:00 AM
  • 12 Replies

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:23 AM

We are pretty low key on New Years eve, I like that.

We stay in, watch movies, eat, watch the ball drop and open a fortune cookie for the coming year.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:25 AM
At home. Dh will be going to FL that afternoon. I am home. DD has invited 15 or so over. She informed me th e fridge is cleaned out and is full of beer and such, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I don't do anything special to ring in the New Year! 

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I don't do much either.  I have something to drink at home, watch the ball drop and then go to bed.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:21 PM

We stay home with ds 12 and watch the New Year come in watching it on tv.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:27 PM

This year I am ringing in the new year with my DGD while her mom goes out.  We will ring in the New Year with an I Love Lucy marathon, popcorn and Izzy's.  Fabulous!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds perfect!  Enjoy  :)

Quoting Maddie24:

This year I am ringing in the new year with my DGD while her mom goes out.  We will ring in the New Year with an I Love Lucy marathon, popcorn and Izzy's.  Fabulous!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM

I like to go somewhere to have some food...early on in the day or either have some stuff at home and have friends / family over.  Or...I have just stayed home and done nothing and that was nice too  lol

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It has been a long time since I have gone to a New Year's party.  It bet it has been over 10 years ago.  I have had family over in the past, but mostly I am a home body and just ring in the year at home.  I think I will check on the fireworks.  I live pretty close to the area the city uses for the displays.  It may be a good thing to do with my DGD.  Whatever you decide to do, I hope it is fun!  

Quoting louannwilkins:

I like to go somewhere to have some food...early on in the day or either have some stuff at home and have friends / family over.  Or...I have just stayed home and done nothing and that was nice too  lol

LEK19
by Group Admin on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I do like parties with the right people. When I was single and went to parties somewhere else, I would hide out in the bathroom when it was midnight. I had learned that I didn't like random strangers trying to give you a New Year's kiss!

Most years we have spent at home, stayed up watching old movies and drank some sparkling juice with the kids before going to bed. there have been a few times when we fell asleep before midnight!

Often on New Year's Day I would make Hoppin' John. I haven't done that in awhile. Maybe I will do that this year.

We had gone to a party last year but it wasn't much fun. We were home by midnight. I had saved some sparklers from the 4th of July for New Year's Eve but I forgot where I had put them last year and we had gone to that party. Will I remember this year?!?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)