Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get ever depressed

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM
  • 20 Replies
And wish the kids didn't grown so fast? Can I have a re-do? Getting depressed cuz both my kids have given up on college. Not like I want them to go in debt but it's a tough world out there. My younger is moving out New Year's Day. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Sure I get depressed but not about the kids growing. I love it when they grow AND can handle thier own stuff.

Mine have had college issues too. *HUGS*

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Yes.  Winter is the worst.  I have a child that will not go to college - she says she is just going to be poor.  It really worries me, but I have to hope she will figure it out one day.  I have some of the same thoughts about the girls.  I would love to relive those years and do some things differently, but I know there are no do-overs.  I just have to chose to make things better now.  Hang in there.  How is your puppy doing?

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes,   

I  realized it was my expectations and thoughts and not the circumstances which depressed me.     I have had many years where I suffered and  because I wanted things to be a certain way, and "whatever"  didn't happen.   

I met  5 people who changed my life,  3 of the mothers had lost a child, the 4th had a young  daughter who was paralyzed and the 5th was a mother who was paralyzed.   These things opened my eyes to a new found gratitude and a totally new way of looking at life itself. 

I  started just appreciating the good things in life.    Not the details, but life, breath,  love, family and gratitude itself - the core of true peace.   I had been stuck  wanting more out of life for myself and those around me.    I finally learned to take  each day and  redirect my thinking.    I started accepting the facts of life and quit fighting them.   I still at times have to redirect those negative committees in my head.    I have also learned that my best therapy is to chase passions, dreams and bucket lists of my own.     Hugs !!!    

Dr Wayne Dyer is amazing.    :-)    

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I do not get depressed but I do miss my kids being little on occasion, especial when I see all the adorable holiday dresses for little girls.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 29, 2014 at 4:55 AM

I grow nostalgic for those "olden days" ... the kids were so much fun when they were little!  I don't feel depressed though.  Now, when I dropped Johnny off at the airport yesterday - that was a downer for sure!

LEK19
by Group Admin on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Quoting LeJane:

Yes,   

I  realized it was my expectations and thoughts and not the circumstances which depressed me.     I have had many years where I suffered and  because I wanted things to be a certain way, and "whatever"  didn't happen.   

I met  5 people who changed my life,  3 of the mothers had lost a child, the 4th had a young  daughter who was paralyzed and the 5th was a mother who was paralyzed.   These things opened my eyes to a new found gratitude and a totally new way of looking at life itself. 

I  started just appreciating the good things in life.    Not the details, but life, breath,  love, family and gratitude itself - the core of true peace.   I had been stuck  wanting more out of life for myself and those around me.    I finally learned to take  each day and  redirect my thinking.    I started accepting the facts of life and quit fighting them.   I still at times have to redirect those negative committees in my head.    I have also learned that my best therapy is to chase passions, dreams and bucket lists of my own.     Hugs !!!    

Dr Wayne Dyer is amazing.    :-)    

I will get reminders to be thankful of what I do have and there are times when redirection is definitely needed!

LEK19
by Group Admin on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:12 AM

I think we all do the best with what we have. Each child is different and has their own way of dealing with life and the choices they make. Each child has their own set of circumstances to deal with, too!  Do I wish they made some better choices? Yes, but I can't dwell on it for long because it is their life to live.

rosebud727
by Rose on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:15 AM

No, not about my daughters growing up. I love to reminisce with them about their past, but I don't want a do-over.

While I totally get why you want your children to attend college, it's not the answer to everyone's life success. They will hopefully find their way to something that brings them satisfaction.

It is hard to see them leave, so when they visit those times will be extra sweet.

(((hugs)))

njt320
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:17 AM
My dog is ok not great. Trying to switch his food right now that vet gave me and he is eating but losing his hair! Praying the new food helps him :(

Quoting Maddie24:

Yes.  Winter is the worst.  I have a child that will not go to college - she says she is just going to be poor.  It really worries me, but I have to hope she will figure it out one day.  I have some of the same thoughts about the girls.  I would love to relive those years and do some things differently, but I know there are no do-overs.  I just have to chose to make things better now.  Hang in there.  How is your puppy doing?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1squishysmom
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Not about the boys. Our oldest stopped school, too, but got a good job. Our 18yo is running our bike shop. He's doing OK.

School isn't for everybody. In fact MANY very good jobs don't require a college diploma. I know several people that went to college and can't find a position in their chosen field at all. Trade schools are where it's at now. We are hoping our boys consider that sometime in the future.

Luckily, all of my family is close by, or I would be a total mess!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)