Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I don't make resolutions I make goals instead.

I think it might be to consume more probiotics.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I do not make them.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 29, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

have you ever tried kefir?  I make my own and currently have an excess of grains.  If you'd like to make your own, I'd be more than happy to send you grains to get started.  I don't particularly "like" the taste, but I chug 8 ounces with supper specifically for the probiotics!

If so, just send me a PM

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 29, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I have never made a New Year's Resolution before, but I must get a handle on my time management.  Over the weekend I "discovered" the Pomodoro technique so I'm starting that TODAY.  I decided I must become proactive about it instead of just repeating the same old "I've gotta kick my own butt" mantra yet not doing it.  So I'm kicking my butt starting today.  LOL.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:21 AM

I don't usually make them

bribri1980
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:23 AM
I don't like to set myself up for failure by making them. However, this year I have a list for the first time. And I'm determined. Health, career and home will be priorities. I have allowed laziness and small things get in my way for far too long.
kellly
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:33 AM

LOL, I just started a post about it...must have been typing at the same time.  To lose weight, join a gym with my dd and get a part time job.  What are yours?

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Thanks. I have tried Keffir and I just don't think I can imagine drinking it each day.

I do yogurt but I'm thinking maybe I should take some suppliments?

I am also trying to figure out if I have the time and money to learn to scuba dive? Gut says no but I'd like to find a way.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

have you ever tried kefir?  I make my own and currently have an excess of grains.  If you'd like to make your own, I'd be more than happy to send you grains to get started.  I don't particularly "like" the taste, but I chug 8 ounces with supper specifically for the probiotics!

If so, just send me a PM

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I did not like the store-bought kefir.  ewww.  I let my kefir "ferment" over night but no longer than 6-8 hours which keeps the flavor a lot more palatable - and since I chug it I don't really taste it!  lol.  I make my own yogurt and make sure to use starter that has at least 5 active cultures but I do let it incubate 24 hours so the cultures eat as much lactose out of it, thereby reducing the carbs. 

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Thanks. I have tried Keffir and I just don't think I can imagine drinking it each day.

I do yogurt but I'm thinking maybe I should take some suppliments?

I am also trying to figure out if I have the time and money to learn to scuba dive? Gut says no but I'd like to find a way.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

If so, just send me a PM

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM

So this Pomodoro technique isn't gonna work for my medical transcription.  The concept is 25 minutes work followed by 5-minute break, then another 25 minutes, then break.  After four 25-minute work periods I get a 20-minute break.  The timer ticks the entire time - problem is I was about half-way thru a long typing job when my 20-minute break kicked in.  I can't take a 20-minute break right in the middle of a job!!!  lol.  My work varies anywhere from as little as an 11-second sound file to sometimes upwards of a 30-minute sound file.  I don't get to choose which sound file comes next.  Plus every job has a deadline.  So having tested this from 5:30 this morning until now, I call it a FAIL.   Need to figure out another way to manage/focus my time.  LOL.

Quoting suzeebloch:

I have never made a New Year's Resolution before, but I must get a handle on my time management.  Over the weekend I "discovered" the Pomodoro technique so I'm starting that TODAY.  I decided I must become proactive about it instead of just repeating the same old "I've gotta kick my own butt" mantra yet not doing it.  So I'm kicking my butt starting today.  LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)