Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today.....Tuesday?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:05 AM
  • 31 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:06 AM

Good morning....up and at em....lol....having some coffee and about to leave.  It's an early day for me.  I thought I'd be leaving for the coast on Wed morning but now they want to stay in the Bahamas until Saturday.  They were supposed to be back Wednesday.  So...I doubled up a couple of customers.  Guess I'll be in town now and have off on Thursday and Friday. 

Have a good day ladies  :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning!! I'm up and ready for the day!!  I made it through my first offical FAST day of the new year yesterday. I did great!!! 

Today I work (of course) 8-4. Then home to do laundry and dinner. Nothing special that I can think today. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Good morning!  Was up at 2:15 this morning.  Darned new phone is awesome BUT the snooze/dismiss portion of the alarm is confusing to me when the alarms go off and I keep hitting dismiss! 

So my mom ate the contents of a small bowl with rice, salmon, etc.  About 1/2 cup.  She is also now drinking more of the Boost/Ensure (several varieties including generic).  I went back at supper time but she is tired of salmon, so only had about 1/4 cup of rice.  ugh.  Thank goodness my kids weren't picky eaters and I don't know how to deal with fussy eaters!  lol.

dad's kind of driving me nuts.  He doesn't want to use hot water (too much $$) but will heat up a pot of water on the gas stove to "rinch" the dishes.  I never noticed how he pronounced that word before.  but seriously?  and then he was sitting at the table, cutting napkins from fast-food places in half.  I asked what he was doing and he said he uses those to blow his nose.  really?  He said well, they're free ... LOL. 

well, I need to get back to work.  Happy Tuesday, everyone!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Snowing here this morning, not sure how much we will get. Me, working today and catching up on paperwork. Yesterday, I spent the whole working day taking down Christmas and starting to put up winter decorations!

DD has a doctors appointment this morning to prepare for her injection in her back tomorrow. I think hubby will be driving her there just because the roads are not getting cleared very fast. He has to take her tomorrow because she does not like to drive after the injection.

Still need to take down the decorations at church, maybe this evening we can make some time to do that. If not, there is always tomorrow.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:11 AM

Not much since it's snowing and they closed school. I have cleaned the house this morning and I did a load of laundry. I am hoping to read some of the book I just started; Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:30 AM

It is snowing here too.  We have between 5 and 6 inches and it is still snowing.  The college is closed until 10 but I keep looking out the window at the snow and doubt that I will go in.  They haven't plowed or done anything to the side streets and I know that my little car slides so I guess I am taking a vacation day.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:31 AM

Going wedding dress shopping with dd.  We are looking and not buying even if she finds "the one". 

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Got my housework done early now I'm hanging out here.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:32 PM

They grew up in a different generation. Is your Dad thinking about when he was younger and what his parents probably did? To him I am sure there is so much waste nowadays. My Gramma did a lot of weird stuff, even when she had enough money. It was a hangover from the Depression Era.

Hey, I find myself thinking about doing some of those crazy things that she did, especially with things being a bit tight for us right now! I know, sounds crazy. Most of the time I just shake it off, but.....

We had rice and salmon last night, too!!! That sounds great that she is eating more.

I think I am only using about 10% of what I can do with my phone and I have had it for awhile now!

Quoting suzeebloch:

Good morning!  Was up at 2:15 this morning.  Darned new phone is awesome BUT the snooze/dismiss portion of the alarm is confusing to me when the alarms go off and I keep hitting dismiss! 

So my mom ate the contents of a small bowl with rice, salmon, etc.  About 1/2 cup.  She is also now drinking more of the Boost/Ensure (several varieties including generic).  I went back at supper time but she is tired of salmon, so only had about 1/4 cup of rice.  ugh.  Thank goodness my kids weren't picky eaters and I don't know how to deal with fussy eaters!  lol.

dad's kind of driving me nuts.  He doesn't want to use hot water (too much $$) but will heat up a pot of water on the gas stove to "rinch" the dishes.  I never noticed how he pronounced that word before.  but seriously?  and then he was sitting at the table, cutting napkins from fast-food places in half.  I asked what he was doing and he said he uses those to blow his nose.  really?  He said well, they're free ... LOL. 

well, I need to get back to work.  Happy Tuesday, everyone!

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:35 PM

I promised Anna that we would make different kinds of snowflakes after Christmas. I wonder when she is going to call me out on it!!!

Quoting darmomusaf:

Snowing here this morning, not sure how much we will get. Me, working today and catching up on paperwork. Yesterday, I spent the whole working day taking down Christmas and starting to put up winter decorations!

DD has a doctors appointment this morning to prepare for her injection in her back tomorrow. I think hubby will be driving her there just because the roads are not getting cleared very fast. He has to take her tomorrow because she does not like to drive after the injection.

Still need to take down the decorations at church, maybe this evening we can make some time to do that. If not, there is always tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)