• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today is Oatmeal Month (1/6)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:32 AM
  • 18 Replies

Do you like it? What is your favorite way to eat it?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:40 AM

I don't really care for it. I've only had the Quaker packets. My favorite would be Apple Cinnamom or Maple Brown Sugar.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:42 AM

Oatmeal month.  Hmmm.  I'm sitting here eating a concoction of flaxseed meal and chia seed "porridge" or I call it "goo."  with just a half-pat of butter and some sweetner.  lol.  I used to eat oatmeal all the time - loved it with cinnamon and coconut!  too many carbs for me now though.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

the packet stuff is horrible, in my opinion! 

with quick oats, it doesn't take that much longer to make your own and is so much tastier.  ;o)

Quoting Cindy18:

I don't really care for it. I've only had the Quaker packets. My favorite would be Apple Cinnamom or Maple Brown Sugar.

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:01 AM
I like it but don't eat it often. I like quick oats with butter, brown sugar and milk.
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:49 AM

I hate the smell of cooked oatmeal like above. I used to make it for my dad who liked it. Almost made my hurl each time. I do use it in my granola though. It's fine baked.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:42 AM

I don't like any hot cereals.  It is something about the texture.  Blah.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:49 AM

I like it with just a little milk and sugar on it.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:04 PM
I did have Steel Cut Oats with fresh berries before and it was amazing. Bought some to make at home but never did.

Quoting suzeebloch:

with quick oats, it doesn't take that much longer to make your own and is so much tastier.  ;o)

Quoting Cindy18:

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I like oatmeal. My favorite way is with butter and brown sugar. I cook it with milk. I don't like to add milk after it is cooked. If I feel indulgent I will use my half & half to make it!

I also like to chop up dates and add those or toasted pecans. Better yet - pecan praline!!!! How about all of the above?

I have added a bit of vanilla after cooking and some chopped peaches. Top that off with....pecan praline!

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:16 PM

The instant stuff is high in sodium, too! Even the "healthier" kind!

Quoting suzeebloch:

Quoting Cindy18:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)