• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with kids in prison?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:35 PM
  • 33 Replies

Please don't bash. I have an adult son in prison and just want to connect with others that are going through the same thing. I haven't found any groups with this situation. Thanks.

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

No bashing here.  I don't have a son in prison but I do have one who has some major issues and I worry all the time that he's just one bad mistake from landing there.  I'm sorry.  I know it must be extremely hard to deal with.  You can vent to any of us here.  There are quite a few who have had issues with their kids and so as a parent we can all relate to a point.  Being a parent is a tough thing to do.  Hang in there!!!  :)

Also...welcome to the group

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:04 PM

My oldest son spent some time in jail when he was younger. I still worry about him sometimes.

illneverbeold
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Thanks:) He is the only one of my kids that just doesn't want to make good decisions. He went to jail at 17 (right after I made him get his GED because he wouldn't take school seriously)  and the judge charged him as an adult. He spent his 18th b-day in jail and will either get out of prison just before or just after his 21st b-day. We write to him regularly, but haven't gone to visit the prison yet. The entire family pleaded with him, helped him friends talked with him. He would just shake his head and tell you what you wanted to hear, then go about what he wanted to do. UGH I feel like the nightmare will never end with him. When he gets out he can't come live with us as a felon cannot be near guns or any weapons. Also we are still raising children and I don't want his influence exposed to them. It is really a hard place to be.

illneverbeold
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Did he ever straighten out his life?

Quoting gonecrazi:

My oldest son spent some time in jail when he was younger. I still worry about him sometimes.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Yep, he is married and has 4 kids now.

Quoting illneverbeold:

Quoting gonecrazi:

illneverbeold
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM

Well, there is hope then. So glad for him!

Quoting gonecrazi:

Yep, he is married and has 4 kids now.

Quoting illneverbeold:

Quoting gonecrazi:

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Illneverbeold, welcome to this group. I'm not in your situation and just wanted to say hello and welcome.  I hope when he gets out he will get his stuff together, put it behind himi and get on with life. I know that sometimes they make their friends in there and tend to continue to hang with those types of people. Birds of a feather flock together....  Keep us posted. 

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:15 PM

My son just got out of prison in August. He is 26 now. He did a little under a year. He did change his life around, but I still worry about him. When your son changes his mind, his life will get better. Check out this site: Prisontalk.com Good luck! I know how painful it can be. HUGS

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Hi, Illneverbeold.  Love your screen name!  My daughter spent a night in jail due to drinking but that was it, so I can't really relate to your situation.  However, this is an awesome group.  I'd say 99% of us are bash-free here and always here to lend a shoulder to cry on!  So your son has been in for 2 years now?  And has about 2 more to go?  That must be very hard as a mom - but it also sounds like you and family and friends really tried - our kids will make their own decisions and have to live with the consequences!

illneverbeold
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:04 PM

I'm so glad your boy turned things around for himself! It was very stressful and painful to watch what he'd done to himself, a bit shameful too. I felt like a failure for the longest time!

Quoting Mariagma3:

My son just got out of prison in August. He is 26 now. He did a little under a year. He did change his life around, but I still worry about him. When your son changes his mind, his life will get better. Check out this site: Prisontalk.com Good luck! I know how painful it can be. HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)