Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quality Time

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

Now that your child is an adult what kinds of things do you do with them, or how do you spend Quality time with your Adult children?  My son is 19 I am at a loss with things to do with him.  I want to go out on a Mom Son date but I dont know where to take him.  

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmygirl31
by Angie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:05 PM

my daughter is 29 and we still do mother/daughter time...sometimes we go to lunch, other times we go shopping, get our nails done or go to a movie.  She has a daughter now, so somtimes we take her for girls time, other time it is just mom and daughter, then she does mom and daughter things with her daughter also, to continue the tradition.  I think it is easier with a girl than a boy---are you interested in the same sports? you could go to a sporting event or a movie and of course a meal.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:01 AM
My son is almost 17, my dd is almost 21, but it can be hard with mother and sons. My son and I have very little in common, but we like museums, so we spend time checking them out.
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 6:27 AM

With my 18yo ds, I'd probably go out to breakfast then to the outlets, even to just walk around. He commutes to school, so he still lives at home. Most days, when he turns on Sportscenter, we'll talk sports. We also talk alot about govt and...changes, and things going on. (we also talk about his classes)

My ods, doesn't live at home, he's in the city for college. So I try to get down 1x/week and take him to dinner. At some point I really want to do either the MFA or the Museum of Contemporary Art with him. He's a graphic design major, he looks at art differently than I do, I want to see it from his eyes. It's a little harder since he doesn't live at home most of the time. But when we're together we talk govt, things happening, school, anything. 

While I miss them young...I really am enjoying them now. I LOVE the way the see the world and are so on top of things happening.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 7, 2015 at 8:50 AM

we go out to eat occasionaly, watch videos, or just hang out.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 7, 2015 at 9:30 AM

When we go out to eat it is usually as a family.  My son and I will go shopping together and we went and saw the most recent Hobbit movie together.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 7, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Daughter and I weren't seeing eye-to-eye when she was a new adult ... and my son moved 1800 miles away when he turned 18!  So, I guess I didn't/don't spend  much "quality" time with either of my kids. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 7, 2015 at 11:37 AM

We do all kinds of things togeher, she visits, we go to the beach, travel, go to dinner, shopping, hikes. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jan. 7, 2015 at 11:38 AM

What does he like to do for fun? 

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 7, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Go to the movies. 

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jan. 7, 2015 at 4:32 PM

When my kids were around that age they were busy in college and working. I didn't get to see them much and had to make dates. We would go out for breakfast or have lunch and catch up on things. 

Now that my kids are older it is actually easier to find the time to spend with them. Only one has a distance factor to take into consideration.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)