Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give me some of your best Baby Shower Ideas.....

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:36 AM
  • 18 Replies

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Here are my favorites, all found on Pinterest that I have used a few times while hosting showers.

I made the sign, invites and goodie bags in blue.

One of the more popular games we play is Baby Shower Price is Right. You set up about 10 baby items of various prices. The person who come closest to the actual price of the product wins a small prize.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Saw a really neat one on pinterest:

Time capsule. Have each guest write a note to the baby and a perdiction about what he.she will be when they grow up and put it away untill they reach a certain age (20, 21, whatever you decide). Give it to them when they reach taht age and read the notes together.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Starta library.have each guest bring a favorite children's book.

LadyDiamond927
by Pamela on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:47 AM

It's been a while, but I remember a game called "guess that baby food" You blindfold the person and they have to taste and guest the baby food.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Melted candy bars in diaper bags and you have to guess the candy bars.  Blindfold guess the baby food.  Buy blue or pink or both m&m's in a jar and have people guess how many.  Freeze tiny plastic babies in ice cubes.  When people arrive they will get one in water.  They need to guess how long it will take for their ice cube to melt.  The one closest to when "their baby is born" wins.  

DixieL
by Dixie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Here are my favorites, all found on Pinterest that I have used a few times while hosting showers.

I made the sign, invites and goodie bags in blue.

One of the more popular games we play is Baby Shower Price is Right. You set up about 10 baby items of various prices. The person who come closest to the actual price of the product wins a small prize.

You have a lot of talent. I love the signs and the information you gave out for the people who were invited. I've never heard of playing the price if right game, but it sounds like fun, playing it at the shower.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Melted candy bars in diaper bags and you have to guess the candy bars.  Blindfold guess the baby food.  Buy blue or pink or both m&m's in a jar and have people guess how many.  Freeze tiny plastic babies in ice cubes.  When people arrive they will get one in water.  They need to guess how long it will take for their ice cube to melt.  The one closest to when "their baby is born" wins.  

Great ideas!! its a boyits a girl

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:26 PM

This was my DIL's baby shower last year.  I loved the various shades of pink the hostess used, and the baby's name, Zoe, as the centerpiece.  On the chair to the left of the Mommy is a collage of old photos of my DIL & her family, including photos of my son as a child/teen.  It was part of a guessing game - you had to guess how old she and my son were in the photos.  I wish you could see how clever everything on the table is - there were flowers, cupcakes, little baskets of nuts and pink M&M's, etc.  I especially love how my DIL's outfit matched the motif, lol!  Clearly, this was not a surprise shower :) It was a luncheon with finger sandwiches &other finger foods.  It was just a few close friends, and the moms & it was lovely!

american flag ribbon

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Paint or draw a tree. Have each guest use a finger paint or a stamp pad to put their finger print on it. Write something like "Amy Lynn Brown" the story has just begun or we love you.

Have the guests all bring a baby picture alternatively print out baby pictures or take them from magazines. First version guess who is who. Second version forbid the word baby. Have everyone wear a picture or a baby and if they say that word, whoever catches them first gets their baby. The winner of all the babies is the big winner.

Freeze a tiny baby toy in ice. Whoever gets thier baby out of thier ice cube first wins.

Let the guests make babies from play doh. Parent to be gets to pick the winner(s).

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 7:49 AM

I'm going to keep checking back, since I am starting to plan my dd's shower and have no clue what to do, lol.

Someone in this post suggested bringing a children's book to the shower for the baby. My dd saw that on Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and loves that idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)