Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breast biopsy

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:54 AM
  • 23 Replies

I have to have a biopsy done on my left breast Monday morning.  I am not going to borrow trouble and worry about if I have cancer or not..worrying won't change the results.

The tech I talked to told me to eat a light breakfast becausee they found that people who do not eat tend to pass out from the sound. (Yes, you read that right, no need to read it again LOL)> I am more freaked out about what I am going to hear than having a long needle stabbed into my boob.

Support cancer awareness here #mce_temp_url#

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:02 AM

I had a stereo-tactic biopsy done. I don't remember if there was a sound. haha. It was pretty painless, and during biopsy, he actually took out all that he was suspicious of. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:12 AM

I've had one done as well but I honestly don't remember any sound!  The biopsy itself was fine.  I wish I had been told to have plenty of gel icepacks available for afterwards though!  Now I have a little 'marker' there - I was given my choice of a little corkscrew looking one or the traditional "ribbon"  - i choose the corkscrew only to be told, "oh, we're sorry.  we're out of those."  grrr.  i thought having a little corkscrew embedded in my body would be fun.  ;o)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:32 AM

I read about the markers when I was trying to find out wth she meant by the sound making people pass out.  It would be neat to have a corkscrew in my boob if I have to have anything  LOL.

I am not sure what they are going to do but I am assuming it will involve a needle since she said it would be ultrasound guided. Thanks for the warning about having gel ice packs, I may have to pick up a couple tonight. Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Quoting suzeebloch:

I've had one done as well but I honestly don't remember any sound!  The biopsy itself was fine.  I wish I had been told to have plenty of gel icepacks available for afterwards though!  Now I have a little 'marker' there - I was given my choice of a little corkscrew looking one or the traditional "ribbon"  - i choose the corkscrew only to be told, "oh, we're sorry.  we're out of those."  grrr.  i thought having a little corkscrew embedded in my body would be fun.  ;o)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:35 AM

The spot they saw is only about 1cm, so I am not sweating anything other thatn the sound comment LOL. I figure with the mass being that small they will most likely take the whole thing just by doing the biopsy and that if they do not, and it is cancerous, it is small enough to indicate it was caught very early and to not be that big of a deal.

Quoting EireLass:

I had a stereo-tactic biopsy done. I don't remember if there was a sound. haha. It was pretty painless, and during biopsy, he actually took out all that he was suspicious of. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:39 AM

I think mine was 8 mm.  doc told me they'd rather be safe than sorry.  and yes, they took it all out.  but keep us updated!

Quoting LadySaphira:

The spot they saw is only about 1cm, so I am not sweating anything other thatn the sound comment LOL. I figure with the mass being that small they will most likely take the whole thing just by doing the biopsy and that if they do not, and it is cancerous, it is small enough to indicate it was caught very early and to not be that big of a deal.

Quoting EireLass:

LadyDiamond927
by Pamela on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:41 AM

I had one done a few years ago.  I pray everything goes well.....

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:29 PM

I had one and yes the sound was that of a drill.  I shook so badly that the doctor laughed at me.  It really did not hurt, but I swore if I ever had to do that again that I was going in stinking drunk.  I am such a whimp.  More than likely all will go well for you and take ear plugs!!!!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:16 PM

I wonder if they would let me listen to my mp3 player hmmm. probably not 

Quoting Maddie24:

I had one and yes the sound was that of a drill.  I shook so badly that the doctor laughed at me.  It really did not hurt, but I swore if I ever had to do that again that I was going in stinking drunk.  I am such a whimp.  More than likely all will go well for you and take ear plugs!!!!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:50 PM

Can't they give you some drug so you don't care???   Good luck and keep us posted.   (((hugs)))

p.s.  I remember hearing pounding when I had my knee replaced.  But I was so drugged up I didnt care ;)

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Prayers for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)