Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who's going to be getting snow?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:53 PM
  • 31 Replies

Yuck, we are in SE Wisconsin.  

The area is predicted to get 2 to 10 inches.  We always seem to be in a track where some get a lot and others not so much.  The 10 inches should be south and east of us, only 2 inches north of us.   Between 8pm tonight and 3am Monday they are saying probably 6 inches for my area here.  Oh well, we have nothing planned.  Will watch the game tomorrow night as the snow flies.  We will have some wind and drifting too.  

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the UglyAlso discuss the new Bates family show. 

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:03 PM

We live in Vegas, and I can count on one hand, how many times, we have seen snow here. I would love to go somewhere to see the snow, but I wouldn't want to live in it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Vegas. Been there 4 times.

Quoting DixieL:

We live in Vegas, and I can count on one hand, how many times, we have seen snow here. I would love to go somewhere to see the snow, but I wouldn't want to live in it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm in midcoast Maine. We just had back to back snow storms. We're expecting another one Monday. 

DixieL
by Dixie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Quoting atlmom2: I love Vegas. Been there 4 times.
Quoting DixieL:

We moved from CA, to Vegas on August 16, 1991. My mom kept begging my husband for months. She moved here in during the summer, in 1985. Our son was due in November, 1985. She came back to CA in the middle of 1985, to be here when our son was born, and she stayed with us for a couple of weeks, after I had Jason, and after I came home. She loved me so much, since she had me and she loved Jason as soon as he was born. I was shocked, when my husband agreed to move here for her. I didn't think I would like it here, anywhere near as much as I loved CA.It wasn't long after we got here, that I realized how much my husband and I realized how much we love Vegas. My son also got to grow up with my mom too. That wa a great thing for both of them.I'm really proud to live here, and I was shocked that my husband felt the same way. We would never move back to California. Even though my mom has been gone for over two years, we are still staying here, and would never mover away. We are both so proud of being here. I love Vegas too. I hope you come out again soon.

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:08 PM
In Chicago burbs here, and we are expecting 8 to 14 inches, with blowing and drifting.
Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:19 PM

We will! We are in IL, close by Kenosha. I think they predicted 10-14 inches. I somehow doubt it! toddler tantrumOh well, we'll see!

KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:05 PM
Chicago area here, and we're due for 6 to 10, but some reports say up to a foot. Ick.
Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:16 PM

We are in northeastern NJ/NYC area - prediction is 6-8 inches from Sunday night into late Monday.  Here we go again, this will be our 3rd snowstorm in a week.  We didn't get as much of a "blizzard" here Tuesday, but we did get at least 6 inches, and our "dusting" yesterday morning was nearly 3 inches.  DH got stuck at work for 2 days so I had to do all the shoveling & snowblowing & my body is still complaining, lol!  Stay safe, everyone!

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:24 PM

If we do not get snow before February - we will most likely make it through the winter without it.  Last year we had a couple of small snows - I lost a tree in both of them.  That was a lot of work to clean up.  I know snow is pretty and can be a lot of fun - but I will pass this year!

mumsy2three
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:17 PM

In my part of PA, they are now predicting 1-3 inches of snow, changing over to rain. That is so much better than the 7+ inches they were originally calling for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)