Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentines Day

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:53 PM
  • 25 Replies

Who is looking forward to Valentines Day?  I am I've always loved the holiday, even when I was single.  I love, LOVE.  I would get my son stuff and usually still do. One year My DH(then my bf) and I got my son a sewing machine.  Do any of you get your kids something for Valentines day?

shooting photo

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually get the girls a small box of chocolates and dh a bigger box of chocolates.  We dont do anything for Valentines day, dh usually send me roses at work. 

Frogy
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:00 PM

I love flowers, I hope my dh doesn't.  I am flying to see him that Saturday. we will be each other gifts!

Quoting Esmrlda:

I usually get the girls a small box of chocolates and dh a bigger box of chocolates.  We dont do anything for Valentines day, dh usually send me roses at work. 

shooting photo

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:03 PM

then they would just die, what did you get him? 

Quoting Frogy:

I love flowers, I hope my dh doesn't.  I am flying to see him that Saturday. we will be each other gifts!

Quoting Esmrlda:

Frogy
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Me naked in a hotel for 4 days!! LOL I'm flying to see him in TX he has been depoyed.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting Frogy:

Quoting Esmrlda:

shooting photo

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:20 PM

I have in the past, and it's so much fun!  But the last couple of years my income has been lower than I'm used to!  I will at least send them cards though.

my daughter will be 35 this summer and lives not too far although we both work, so don't see each other as much as we'd like.

my son will be 25 this summer and lives 1800 miles away!  I usually only see him at Christmas!

But when my budget allowed, I sent them stuff for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's day (their last name is Irish but I took back my non-irish maiden name when I divorced their dad!!), and Halloween.  I always had way too much fun sending them stuff, and the last year I did send stuff I also sent stuff for daughter's BF and son's GF.  :o)

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha and Im sure thats all he wants too.  ; ) 

Quoting Frogy:

Me naked in a hotel for 4 days!! LOL I'm flying to see him in TX he has been depoyed.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting Frogy:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Frogy
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Love it, YOur my kinda mom!!

Quoting suzeebloch:

I have in the past, and it's so much fun!  But the last couple of years my income has been lower than I'm used to!  I will at least send them cards though.

my daughter will be 35 this summer and lives not too far although we both work, so don't see each other as much as we'd like.

my son will be 25 this summer and lives 1800 miles away!  I usually only see him at Christmas!

But when my budget allowed, I sent them stuff for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's day (their last name is Irish but I took back my non-irish maiden name when I divorced their dad!!), and Halloween.  I always had way too much fun sending them stuff, and the last year I did send stuff I also sent stuff for daughter's BF and son's GF.  :o)

shooting photo

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

eh, it's another day to me.  I'm not married to the most romantic man, so it's just easier to look at it like any other day.  

I will get my grandbaby some goodies though and will create something cute to do with her, for her mommy.

Frogy
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM

buy yourself some flowers too! 

Quoting momma-t42:

eh, it's another day to me.  I'm not married to the most romantic man, so it's just easier to look at it like any other day.  

I will get my grandbaby some goodies though and will create something cute to do with her, for her mommy.

shooting photo

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

meh...I can take it or leave it. Mark gets into it more than I do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)