Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today.....Thursday?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM
  • 33 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM

OK  :)

cybcm
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:01 PM

I did reading groups at my DS7's school this morning. Came home and cleaned up a bit, DS18 and DD20's partner both got their uni timetables for trimester 1 today so I took a gander at them, DD20 is still waiting on hers, but her uni is notoriously slow at these things.
Having lunch at the moment, afterwards I'm going to go and do some gardening, we have some zucchini ready to be picked.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 19, 2015 at 4:28 AM

day #2 in a row my freaking alarms were dismissed - and not by me!  I don't get it.  I did wake up at 2:30 - and then discovered I had inadvertantly set my alarm clock's alarm for 1:45 PM instead of AM.  grrr.

Dad and I had our meeting yesterday with mom's team.  They described what's going on - more for dad's benefit than mine since I've already figured it out. Then we went to visit mom.  They upped her new med from 0.5 mg to 1 mg.  She is not as angry but still obsessing over things - hence the "delusions" since what she is obsessing over is 100% untrue but she believes them.  Hoping the team can find the correct dosage.  after about 15 minutes, with mom not saying much of anything, dad said, "well, we're going to leave now" and mom started to cry!  OMG.  that tore me up - and is tearing me up just to type this!  I sat right next to her, gave her a hug and held her.  Damn I hate this disease. We stayed about 30 more minutes and I had my arm around her shoulders.  just so freaking sad, really.  Oh I hated leaving her behind in that dismal place again.  Doctors think she'll be ready for discharge next week sometime.  I think these emotions of mom is "typical" for alzheimers but oh so hard to watch.

after leaving mom, then I went to her Japanese friend to help me finalize her Japanese pension papers.  We had to call the Consulate in Chicago for additional help - I had tried earlier in the day but since the forms are in Japanese, I couldn't do much of anything!  Oh, and her friend has lived here for 40 yrs and is starting to forget some of the Japanese words - one word she needed she found in her dictionary - but the print was so tiny neither she nor I could see it very well - I took a pic of it with my cellphone and then enlarged the pic so we could both see it!  modern technology - it's great when it works - but sucks when it doesn't (i.e., my alarms!!!)   Will get that all sent off today so mom's Japanese pension continues.  She gets about $100 a month from it and used to use it to buy her Japanese groceries.

anyhoo, off to a late start - darned alarms.  I did reset my clock already for the right time and I also powered down/powered up my phone too.  I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.  I really don't need any additional stressors in my life right now!

okie dokie.  that's it.  happy Thursday, everyone! and STAY WARM! 

PS here's the "word" I took a picture of ...

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 19, 2015 at 6:15 AM

Hope you have a good day  :)

Quoting cybcm:

I did reading groups at my DS7's school this morning. Came home and cleaned up a bit, DS18 and DD20's partner both got their uni timetables for trimester 1 today so I took a gander at them, DD20 is still waiting on hers, but her uni is notoriously slow at these things.Having lunch at the moment, afterwards I'm going to go and do some gardening, we have some zucchini ready to be picked.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 19, 2015 at 6:20 AM
Well this is peachy. Internet outage. Means Ronna doesn't get to work right now. Just what I needed.
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 19, 2015 at 6:21 AM

My heart is just breaking reading all that you wrote and knowing all the pain that you're all in.  I don't know if I could handle it as well as you do.  I see my mom declining already just from age and stresses of life etc....I can't imagine how you all feel.  Your poor mom.  I'm sending up even more prayers for all of you.  I so wish I could do something.  It really is too bad we don't live near each other girl!!!!  Hugs to you.  Please vent to us and get it all out.  We want to know how your mom is but also how YOU are. 

Glad you had some help on those papers!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

day #2 in a row my freaking alarms were dismissed - and not by me!  I don't get it.  I did wake up at 2:30 - and then discovered I had inadvertantly set my alarm clock's alarm for 1:45 PM instead of AM.  grrr.

Dad and I had our meeting yesterday with mom's team.  They described what's going on - more for dad's benefit than mine since I've already figured it out. Then we went to visit mom.  They upped her new med from 0.5 mg to 1 mg.  She is not as angry but still obsessing over things - hence the "delusions" since what she is obsessing over is 100% untrue but she believes them.  Hoping the team can find the correct dosage.  after about 15 minutes, with mom not saying much of anything, dad said, "well, we're going to leave now" and mom started to cry!  OMG.  that tore me up - and is tearing me up just to type this!  I sat right next to her, gave her a hug and held her.  Damn I hate this disease. We stayed about 30 more minutes and I had my arm around her shoulders.  just so freaking sad, really.  Oh I hated leaving her behind in that dismal place again.  Doctors think she'll be ready for discharge next week sometime.  I think these emotions of mom is "typical" for alzheimers but oh so hard to watch.

after leaving mom, then I went to her Japanese friend to help me finalize her Japanese pension papers.  We had to call the Consulate in Chicago for additional help - I had tried earlier in the day but since the forms are in Japanese, I couldn't do much of anything!  Oh, and her friend has lived here for 40 yrs and is starting to forget some of the Japanese words - one word she needed she found in her dictionary - but the print was so tiny neither she nor I could see it very well - I took a pic of it with my cellphone and then enlarged the pic so we could both see it!  modern technology - it's great when it works - but sucks when it doesn't (i.e., my alarms!!!)   Will get that all sent off today so mom's Japanese pension continues.  She gets about $100 a month from it and used to use it to buy her Japanese groceries.

anyhoo, off to a late start - darned alarms.  I did reset my clock already for the right time and I also powered down/powered up my phone too.  I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.  I really don't need any additional stressors in my life right now!

okie dokie.  that's it.  happy Thursday, everyone! and STAY WARM! 

PS here's the "word" I took a picture of ...

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 19, 2015 at 6:23 AM

Good morning....having some coffee and needing to get in the shower.  I have to go to work this morning and we have lots of black ice and lots of roads that never got touched yesterday that have just frozen back over.  AND it will only be in the teens today so......ugh....Once I get through this morning I won't have to go out again if I don't want to.  lol

Have a good day ladies  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 19, 2015 at 6:25 AM
Be safe. Louann!! My internet crashed about 90 minutes after I got up so now I cannot work!!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....having some coffee and needing to get in the shower.  I have to go to work this morning and we have lots of black ice and lots of roads that never got touched yesterday that have just frozen back over.  AND it will only be in the teens today so......ugh....Once I get through this morning I won't have to go out again if I don't want to.  lol

Have a good day ladies  :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 19, 2015 at 6:26 AM

Damn.....when it rains it pours!  Hope it comes back on soon.

Also....how is your dad handling all of this with your mom?

Quoting suzeebloch: Well this is peachy. Internet outage. Means Ronna doesn't get to work right now. Just what I needed.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 19, 2015 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this

internet JUST came back up!  yay! 

Dad is handling this as well as he can.  The Alzheimer's Association Caregivers support group meets the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month - he intended to go last Thursday but of course mom was being admitted at that very moment!  So, he is planning to attend the one next Thursday - but of course mom is due to be discharged "next week" and I'm hoping NOT on Thursday so that dad can go to the session.  I think it will be very helpful to be able to ask the other caregivers his questions and get their feedback.

well, I need to get to work - now that I can!  :o)

Quoting louannwilkins:

Damn.....when it rains it pours!  Hope it comes back on soon.

Also....how is your dad handling all of this with your mom?

Quoting suzeebloch: Well this is peachy. Internet outage. Means Ronna doesn't get to work right now. Just what I needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)