Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tiny Teagan's arrival

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:33 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

After going into preterm labor on February 7, it is most amazing that my grandson waited an additional 10 days before entering this world.  

My daughter's water broke at 12:30 am this morning.  They immediately put her back on Magnesium, and contractions began soon after.  By 6:45 am they observed she had a pretty serious infection and quickly wheeled her to the OR, in the event of an emergency C-section.  

While they offered her an epidural, she stoically declined, not wanting another chemical in her body, or Grandbaby's body.  The baby's dad arrived in time to be back with my daughter when their baby was born.  Since this whole thing has been so sensitive, only one person could be by her side.  It was BRUTAL to have to wait down the hall, and hear her crying out as she pushed Teagan into this world.

As Lisa shared, he weighed a tiny 2lbs 2oz, and just over 13" long.  

A new fight begins as grandson fights for his little life in this world.  

My daughter will be released from hospital on Friday and another new encounter we'll have to face.  We will have to decline our welcome for babies dad to stay in our home during his weekend visits here.  Not looking forward to this part.

In the meantime, heres a few pics I will share with you all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

my husbands first glance at his little grandson

grandson's little legs

grandson's tiny hand

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:56 PM
Congrats. Prayers and good thoughts with your grandson.

Why will you have to decline your welcome for your grandsons father to stay with you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sabrtooth1
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:15 AM

This will be your chance to see how mature, and concerned, your daughter and the baby daddy are.  Your grandson will be in NICU, and then in hospital for quite a while.  Has your daughter discussed any plans for spending time in the hospital with the child, pumping breastmilk for him, etc?

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
As I stated on FB, he is perfect and strong little fighter. Lots of prayers!
LadySaphira
LadySaphira
LadyDiamond927
by Pamela on Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:44 AM

hugsCongratulations 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:22 AM

Quoting marchantmom06: Congrats. Prayers and good thoughts with your grandson. Why will you have to decline your welcome for your grandsons father to stay with you?

Thank-you.  

The reason being; one, they are not married.  And while they created a child together because they are young adults and free to make those decisions, this is my home...and they are not married.  However, we made a generous exception when my daughter first came to stay with us while on bed rest since she was told by numerous Dr's to "not have sex."  Yet, after given a few extra privileges at one weekly appt, my daughter and her bf had sex, which threw her into labor (nearly immediately), and while we don't  believe she would have carried this baby to term, she had him this early because of their stupid decision to have sex, ignoring Dr's instructions and 20 years of upbringing in our home and showing her generous parents respect by knowing "Not in my parents home," which was added protection to her child secondary to the Dr's orders.  She ignored both.  Her BF has been rude and disrespectful in defense of their stupid decision...and frankly, burned his own bridge (as did my daughter) to put us all in this position and think we are obligated to host him for the next four months, in our home.  

They live together, two hours away...but she had to come to a city where they take high risk pregnancy cases and NICU availabilities....which happened to be here and staying with us was the best decision for her and her and baby's safety.

I am going to reach out to fellow church friends to see if anyone is willing to host him at their place, to show we aren't being rude by not letting him stay here, and do care that he has a place to stay...we just won't be allowing him to stay the night here again. "Cause = effect."  No consequences, they learn nothing.  

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:26 AM

Yes, she will be going to hospital to visit...and is pumping mild already.

I was impressed and proud of her for when they asked if she wanted an epidural, she declined.  She didn't want any added drugs to effect her pushing or being in his system when he was born.  I know 2lbs would be easy to push out, but she still went through labor, and exhaustion of pushing.

I trust she'll be a good mom...and she will sure be a strong one by the time this little guy gets to go home with her.  She's already talking about finding a job in the hospital there, so she can have easy access to her baby.  All fabulous ideas.

Quoting sabrtooth1:

This will be your chance to see how mature, and concerned, your daughter and the baby daddy are.  Your grandson will be in NICU, and then in hospital for quite a while.  Has your daughter discussed any plans for spending time in the hospital with the child, pumping breastmilk for him, etc?

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:28 AM

Quoting LadySaphira: As I stated on FB, he is perfect and strong little fighter. Lots of prayers!

Thank you Lisa  :)   It's been difficult to find time to do much of anything these past weeks.  crazy rollercoaster ride, just shifted gears. 

Thank you for you FB support too :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

TY

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

hugsCongratulations 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)