Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you all remember?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:59 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

About the 'group home' saga I went through when I worked at there?

When I was "fired" from my job and all of that mess everything was?

Well, about 8-9 months after all that happened, the New Director had reached out to me and we met for lunch...simple, no stress.  Every now and then since, we've met for lunch, no deep conversation or anything....Old Director finally moved on...but sets on The Board of Directors now.

Back in November, I decided to ask her if she'd let me come back and volunteer...just because I wanted to be busy and do something... Super, she said yes, and I started volunteering again, and my husband and I opened our home to the teens at Christmas etc... It's been nice, and I've enjoyed the NO STRESS part of serving......until my daughter ended up at my place to rest during the pregnancy.

Well, now that she's had the baby, I met the New Director for lunch yesterday, because we've become friends through all this...and of course, there is still drama with the Old Director (I don't miss that)...but we laugh and  joke as we share menopause stories.....and she had another house staff go wack a do on her and at least she got rid of that house staff...,...Then my humorous menopausal, joke around side came out and I asked her if she needed my menopausal self to come straighten those teens out?..(Joking of course)...She immediately offered me my job back, right then and there.  Told me to name the times and hours I want and she'd put me on the schedule.  I laughed, and very nicely said, "I love my freedom too much."  

But it was nice that she would offer me a job there again....it is nice that I have healed from the immense hurt I felt because of all that saga...and it's nice that we have become friends, and I don't want my friend to be my boss...just my friend.  :)

I just wanted to share with those of you who remember this.

by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:49 PM

I'm so glad to hear you are back volunteering at the home.   Are many of the same teens there?  What a blessing that you have healed from all the hurt they put you through :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:09 PM

yes, that is a great feeling, isn't it?  I went thru a little of that when I left the FL medical transcription group to go work at that law firm - and 18 months later, the FL group welcomed me back with open arms.

so are you going back now that your grandson has arrived?  or are you waiting a little longer? 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:41 PM

That's a very good full circle. I'm happy for you! *hugs*

Ambear72
by Amber on Feb. 28, 2015 at 11:06 AM
That's great how quickly she offered your job back to you. I'm glad you turned it down. You don't need much more atress on you. My Biss is my friend and it's hard to sometimes separate that. We work great together but I'm afraid to think what might happen if something goes wrong at work. Enjoy your freedom!
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2015 at 6:45 AM

None of the teens I once worked with are there any longer.  But, these girls have heard of the infamous "Miss Tracy."  hahaha...I don't mind having the reputation of how strict I was/am.  It's how I roll. :)

Healing from the hurt was not me...a lot of prayer..A LOT!  nothing I could do but pray, it was too overwhelming. :)

Quoting jabs54:

I'm so glad to hear you are back volunteering at the home.   Are many of the same teens there?  What a blessing that you have healed from all the hurt they put you through :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2015 at 6:56 AM

I'll be going back to volunteer.  I've learned a bit about myself in the past two years.  

#1. I don't have near the patience I had back then (and back then it wasn't much...lol)...Seriously, menopause mood swings would Not be a good mix with those teen girls.

#2.  If I'm not earning money, I won't have expectations of what "I" may deem would be a solution and want my voice heard for the job I'm getting paid to do.

#3.  Too much of a control freak to go back and try to avoid getting caught into the drama that still exists (they're just normal humans, not super humans...it will always exist).

#4.  my husband and I bought property about 45 mins away from city, and I LOVE my freedom too much to be tied down with the most stressful job.  

I hope to get out to our property (we have our camper set up on this property) this month, now that my grandson is here.  I may not come back, I want to escape that bad.  ;) 

#5.  I'd rather be an encouraging friend to the N.D. than have her as my boss.  I just don't think they'd mix well.

Quoting suzeebloch:

yes, that is a great feeling, isn't it?  I went thru a little of that when I left the FL medical transcription group to go work at that law firm - and 18 months later, the FL group welcomed me back with open arms.

so are you going back now that your grandson has arrived?  or are you waiting a little longer? 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2015 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks......it is good how it has come about.  Shows that this ministry is truly a ministry, run by normal broken people (that we all are), trying to do their best.  That there can be healing between people who set aside their pride (not an easy thing to do).  

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

That's a very good full circle. I'm happy for you! *hugs*

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2015 at 7:09 AM

It's been nearly 2 years since I worked there.  

I would rather the friendship over a working relationship.  

I'm pretty in touch with how I operate and I'm waaaay too much of a control freak to go in there now, and not want control to "do it my way."  I'm sure this ND would give me that freedom because I know she see's that I am professional and respect these girls are other peoples kids..... But, I don't want the position, the testing of my patience, and I don't want the responsibility.  

I'll hold the humbled happiness, welcoming the "hammer time" reputation I have left there as it's own legacy..lol, respectfully...haha

Quoting Ambear72: That's great how quickly she offered your job back to you. I'm glad you turned it down. You don't need much more atress on you. My Biss is my friend and it's hard to sometimes separate that. We work great together but I'm afraid to think what might happen if something goes wrong at work. Enjoy your freedom!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 1, 2015 at 8:23 AM

I do remember that!!  It was nice to know that you two are friends and that she valued you enough to want you back.  Awesome!!!  I am also glad that you are not going back to all that mess there!  lol  I'm sure it's better since that nasty director is gone.  lol  :)

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2015 at 9:54 AM

That is awesome! And the fact that you can go back on your time & terms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)