Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Common Sense or the lack of! Venting and letting off some steam!!

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm trying to determine if she has any and I don't think she does!  today I get home from class early and te grandkids have already been picked up from school os they're home with Kecia.  

I pull in the drive and she comes hurrying out of the house with her wallet in her hands..I ask her,"Where are the kids?"  Uhmmm...I let them walk up to the Caseys to get sodas and when they get back then I was going ot walk up to get a pizza from Little Ceasars. 

I went OFF!!!  Its not that far to Caseys but this is a 9 and 6 yo!  And we live in neighborhood where the little girl Hailey Owens was abducted from and killed about a year ago. In fact she got abducted tow streets down form where we live.  Plus there are other weirdos running around this neighborhood too.

So I get pissed and take off to go find them, get to Caseys they haven't seen them!!  I figure theymight of decided to go home the back street so I'm pulling out of the parking lot,I see them walking down the sidewalk with a pizza in hand!!!!   I get them in the van and they know nothing about sodas, their Mom had sent them to get the pizza which is quite aways from house,maybe about 3 streets up.  

I get home and "I am livid!  One her allowing them to do it and then lieing to my face.  And she has enough nerve to try and turn it around that I'm the one in the wrong because I don't trust the kids enough, and I
 don't allow them enough freedom. That I allowed her to run around the neighborhood with her friends and didn't worry about her.  I told her one it was a differnt time and a different type of place we used to live in.  We lived in the middle of no where and all the people in the neighborhood kept their eyes open and took care to watch over each others children.  thats how
i knew if she was doing something she shouldn't.  

I told her she was just trying to cover her ass because she got caught doing something she knew she wasn't supposed to be doing and then she lied about it. PLUS..she was getting ready to leave that house supposedly with the baby still in the house taking his nap!    She didn't think of that when she came running out barefoot to meet me at the van.

I don't think I over reacted??

by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 7, 2015 at 10:02 PM

I don't think you over reacted.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 7, 2015 at 10:45 PM

I definitely do not think you over reacted. I'm sorry...dd or not she would go by MY rules or find her own place to live.  Seriously.  She's already shown she isn't responsible enough to do things on her own and until she shows it she would do things MY way.  Hugs to you!!!!!  I KNOW it's hard.  Trust me...been there done that and it's very hard and stressful.  Glad everyone is ok though

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 8, 2015 at 3:57 AM

Oh, man, I would have been livid, too!  SMH but your daughter does not show she has any sense of responsibility!  I'm so sorry - I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to deal with this plus going to school on top of that.  I'm glad the kids are okay ... they did get the guy who abducted the girl, didn't they?  Even so, I'd still be wanting to smack my dd up the side of the head for pulling that stunt and then lying about it!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 8, 2015 at 7:08 AM

I would have slepped her upside the head. I am mad for you. I am a "free range" parent to a lot of people but even I would not allow a 9 yr old and 6 year old to walk that far.

.Holly.
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2015 at 8:52 AM
Wow, I'd be beyond upset. How old is your daughter and has she done this before? I mean on top of it the lying to have them go get pizza as well. Why couldn't she do it? Sorry you had to go through that.
Why123
by Nancy on May. 8, 2015 at 8:59 AM

I don't think you over reacted at all.  I would have been very angry too.

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Yes, they caught the guy that very night. But unfortunatley it was to late for the little girl. He had already sexually molested her then shot her. When th epolice found the crazy ass had wrapped her in trash bags and put in some sort of storage barrell in his basement.  

The litle girl (Hailey Owen) had went to my grand daughters school and did no tlive far from here.  She had been at friends house playing and was walking home when the guy pulled up beside in a pickup truck saying he was lost.  Neighbors saw what was happening and yelled for her to get away,but before she could he opened the door and drug her inside and took off.  A guy who swa it happen got in his car and tried to follow them but they got away in traffic.  But luckily they had the tag number and a good description of the truck.

ITs what I tried explaining to my daughter,ya never think it going to happen and tell your kids all the things ya think will make them make the right decisions.  But it just takes one time! 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Oh, man, I would have been livid, too!  SMH but your daughter does not show she has any sense of responsibility!  I'm so sorry - I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to deal with this plus going to school on top of that.  I'm glad the kids are okay ... they did get the guy who abducted the girl, didn't they?  Even so, I'd still be wanting to smack my dd up the side of the head for pulling that stunt and then lying about it!

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 8, 2015 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow, no, I don't think you over-reacted.  In fact, I probably would have hauled off and hit her if it were me.  

I don't know what it is with young parents today.  It IS a different time than when our kids grew up, but they don't seem to realize it.  

Thankfully your grandkiddos are fine.

stepof5
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:58 PM
Vent away. I would be livid and don't think you over reacted at all. I am just grateful that everyone is safe.
happyolechimp
by Vera on May. 8, 2015 at 3:33 PM
I'm sure you'll be worried all the time now...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)