• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$169 for a seal? ugh! Update - reply #19

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:18 AM
  • 21 Replies

The door boot seal on my washer blew last night and now has a hole in it. I looked up how to repair it and it looks like an easy fix (we already fixed the door latch and a sensor ourselves in the past). The lowest price I could find for a new seal is $169. With my washer being 8 years old and with the paint chipping off, I am better off just getting as new washer which I cannot afford so I guess it is off to one of those rental places that I hate.

Support cancer awareness here #mce_temp_url#

by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NannyShari
by on May. 17, 2015 at 11:01 AM

Wow that is spendy!  We use one of those rental places for things that we know we don't have the money for. Yes you pay more, but the rental place we use fixes the item when it has an issue. 

Nanny Shari

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM

I hate the rental places because youwind up paying 3x the price of new but we have to have a washer with a family of 5.  When I needed new  furniture, I jsut made do with the crap I had and put money aside untill I had enough to get new stuff.

Quoting NannyShari:

Wow that is spendy!  We use one of those rental places for things that we know we don't have the money for. Yes you pay more, but the rental place we use fixes the item when it has an issue. 

NannyShari
by on May. 17, 2015 at 12:41 PM

I so understand with a family of 5 the importance of a working washer...

Quoting LadySaphira:

I hate the rental places because youwind up paying 3x the price of new but we have to have a washer with a family of 5.  When I needed new  furniture, I jsut made do with the crap I had and put money aside untill I had enough to get new stuff.

Quoting NannyShari:

Nanny Shari

PinkButterfly66
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 12:50 PM

What brand of washer?  What model number?  Someone might be able to find it cheaper for you online.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 17, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Oh man....I hate to hear that!!!  It's ridiculous to think of the prices they charge for some stuff.  I wish you could find one cheaper.  Instead of doing a rent to own I wish you just knew someone you could borrow the money from to go ahead and buy a washer.  It would be so much cheaper in the end because like you said they DO charge you way more than something is worth.  Hugs to you Lisa!!!

Bunnyclover
by on May. 17, 2015 at 12:57 PM
It is probably better to get a new one.
LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 17, 2015 at 12:57 PM

It is a Fridigaire front loader, model # GLTF2940ES2

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

What brand of washer?  What model number?  Someone might be able to find it cheaper for you online.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 17, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Unfortunatly everyone I know is just as poor as I am LOL

Quoting louannwilkins:

Oh man....I hate to hear that!!!  It's ridiculous to think of the prices they charge for some stuff.  I wish you could find one cheaper.  Instead of doing a rent to own I wish you just knew someone you could borrow the money from to go ahead and buy a washer.  It would be so much cheaper in the end because like you said they DO charge you way more than something is worth.  Hugs to you Lisa!!!

Ambear72
by Amber on May. 17, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Oh gosh that is so insane. Im sorry.  I hope you can find something that will work for you.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 17, 2015 at 1:04 PM

LOL  Yep....I SO get that one!!  lol  :)

Quoting LadySaphira:

Unfortunatly everyone I know is just as poor as I am LOL

Quoting louannwilkins:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)