Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quiz: Just How Addicted to Facebook Are You?

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:19 AM
  • 14 Replies

Just How Addicted to Facebook Are You?

Ah, Facebook -- how we love you (or hate you, as the case may be). For many of us the social media platform has become part of our daily lives -- whether it's to connect with friends, get news from our feeds, or play games (please don't send us a Candy Crush request!). Just how much of your life is Facebook taking up these days? Take our quiz to find out if you're a normal user ... or if it's time for an intervention!

Take our CafeMom Quiz: Just How Addicted to Facebook Are You?

by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 17, 2015 at 10:54 AM

A lot of those answers did not apply to me at all. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 17, 2015 at 10:55 AM

I got "Social Useer" BTW.

I am more addicted to Cafemom than FB LOL

NannyShari
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:57 AM

I know I am addicted to Facebook, I don't need to take a quiz...  Yet I am starting to spend more time on Cafemom  or playing World of Warcraft.

.Holly.
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:55 AM
I don't need to take the quiz, I deactivated fb..best thing ever. I'm not on Twitter as much either, but I still use that on occasion.
louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 17, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Mine said social user but honestly a LOT of those questions were way off for me.  Not a lot of it would even apply to me

Ambear72
by Amber on May. 17, 2015 at 2:54 PM

You have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. While it doesn't consume all your time, once you do get clicking, you have trouble sticking to any kind of time limit. The lives, likes, and pictures of people's lunches just suck you in, and you consume days or weeks of Facebook life in a single sitting. Then you get fed-up and deactivate your account ... for a day or so.

Ambear72
by Amber on May. 17, 2015 at 2:57 PM

This is true to a point.  I dont spend hours at a time,  but I do go on and look around and then I do get fed up and get on with life.  I just like to know what my friends and family is up to. I spend most of my time on a Disney group talking about disneyland and getting tips and ideas for our trip next month.

Quoting Ambear72:

You have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. While it doesn't consume all your time, once you do get clicking, you have trouble sticking to any kind of time limit. The lives, likes, and pictures of people's lunches just suck you in, and you consume days or weeks of Facebook life in a single sitting. Then you get fed-up and deactivate your account ... for a day or so.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:28 PM
I probably am.
smokeyjo
by Jozie on May. 17, 2015 at 6:50 PM
I usually forget I have a FB until someone tags me and a notice shows up in my email.
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 18, 2015 at 6:25 AM

says I'm a Binge user.  I guess that's mostly true - I can go for several days without looking but when I do, I go over my newsfeed until I come to the place where I was before.

Some friends seem to post more "useless" info than I need to know, or just the game info and I can block them from showing in my newsfeed.   I have never "unfriended" anyone and only friend people I know, or used to know.  I have never deactivated my account.

I enjoy keeping up with family and friends, and sharing more important or interesting things that happen with me.  It's way easier than keeping up this way rather than in person, or phone, or even email.  And many are just classmates from grade school, high school, etc. and it's just fun to keep up with them all.  In real life, I'd not have time to get together or anything like that.

I'd really love to find my classmates from my year in Brazil!  That would be so cool.  I'm friends with my host mom and dad (but he passed away), sisters and brother, and a friend of one of my sisters as well, but so far none of my classmates.  I have posted several times with pictures on the city's FB page where I lived, as well as the school, but heavens, that was nearly 40 years ago.  40 FREAKING YEARS!  LOL. (1976).  sometimes it seems like only yesterday. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)