Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it a good idea?

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:53 AM
  • 23 Replies
My 16 year old dd gets really bad cramps and it's been getting worse. We don't have a gyno here yet.
Should we go to planned parenthood?
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 17, 2015 at 11:22 AM

I don't think it would hurt anything.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 17, 2015 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I would see a gyno.  PP will just give her the pill and won't look for a source of the cramps if she has issues or just bad cramps.  

flika
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:53 AM
Thanks. I didn't know. Tomorrow I'll look for a gyno.

Quoting atlmom2:

I would see a gyno.  PP will just give her the pill and won't look for a source of the cramps if she has issues or just bad cramps.  

.Holly.
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I agree. Take her to your gynecologist.
louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 17, 2015 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

If she were mine I would take her and see what they have to say.  Good luck and keep us posted  :)

Ambear72
by Amber on May. 17, 2015 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Im not really sure what planned parenthood can do.  Maybe put her on BCP to help.  I would try to find a Gyno, it could be something more like endomertrosis or something. But to be safe I would look for a Dr.

flika
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:58 PM
I will take her. I'm looking for one now. Next is to find out if they take her insurance.

Quoting Ambear72:

Im not really sure what planned parenthood can do.  Maybe put her on BCP to help.  I would try to find a Gyno, it could be something more like endomertrosis or something. But to be safe I would look for a Dr.

Ambear72
by Amber on May. 17, 2015 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

If you cant find a OBGYN then even her Primary Care Dr would be better then Planned parenthood.  Good luck and I hope its nothing to bad and that its something she will grow out of.  I dont have the cramps I used to as a teen.  Best of luck to you both.

Quoting flika: I will take her. I'm looking for one now. Next is to find out if they take her insurance.
Quoting Ambear72:

EireLass
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
She should talk to her doctor about why shes having such bad cramps.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
If this is a recurring event, she really needs to be seen by an MD as there are limits to what a nurse practioner can or should do. I would look for a female doctor as your daughter will feel mor comfortable with her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)